Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Ward, Henry G.
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
Henry Gerrie Ward was born in Edmonton 15 Jun 1913 to Muriel Louise Gerrie and Edward Henry Ward. He is the nephew of Samuel Archibald Dickson.
He graduated from the University of Alberta and taught in Edmonton from 1942-1974, serving as Assistant Principal of Victoria and Strathcona Composite High Schools, Principal of Bonnie Doon High School, 1958-1970, then director of personnel, 1972-1974, before becoming a sessional instructor in education administration at the University of Alberta. He was active in many professional, community and historical groups, often serving in leading positions. These included:
- president of the Alberta High School Principals’ Association;
- chairman of the Edmonton Public School Board high school enrichment committee,
- member, Alberta Department of Education high school curriculum committee;
- president and director, Rotary Club of Edmonton;
- commodore, Pigeon Lake Yacht Club;
- president, Historical Society of Alberta;
- chairman & member, Edmonton Historical Board;
- director, Old Strathcona Foundation;
- director, Fort Edmonton Foundation.
He married Janet Elizabeth Hanely on 5 Aug 1940 in Drumheller; they had two sons.
Henry G. Ward died 30 Aug 1976 in Golden, BC.
Functions, occupations and activities
Mandates/sources of authority
Access points area
Subject access points
Place access points
Authority record identifier
City of Edmonton Archives
Rules and/or conventions used