Village of West Edmonton

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Village of West Edmonton

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1910-1917

History

The Village of West Edmonton was incorporated in July 1910. The village was located just to the northwest of Edmonton, and was bounded 127th Street on the west, roughly 113 Street on the east and the Grand Trunk Railway line on the south. The village was populated primarily by workers on the nearby railway lines. In 1917, the residents of the Village of West Edmonton voted to amalgamate with the City of Edmonton. The area came to be known as the Calder neighbourhood of Edmonton.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

AR-RG-103

Institution identifier

City of Edmonton Archives

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Final

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places