Veterans' Volunteers' Reserve, South Edmonton Battalion Association

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Veterans' Volunteers' Reserve, South Edmonton Battalion Association

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1940 - current

History

The Veterans' Volunteer Reserve, South Edmonton Battalion was formed on July 26, 1940, shortly after the creation of the VVR by the Alberta government on June 19. Its members formed an auxiliary constabulary, primarily for surveillance and control of enemy alien activities in the city. After the end of the war the organization held annual reunions until 1956. When it disbanded, it donated its remaining funds to the Edmonton Home for Ex-servicemen's Children.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

AR-MS-55

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places