- CA EDM MS-70-EA-4-42
- [ca. 1960]
Part of James Finlay Falconer fonds
Located south of Borden Park. The memorial was erected by the Alberta Safety Council, the Edmonton Kimwanis Club and the City Archives & Landmarks Committee.
Howard Stutchbury arrived in Edmonton in 1902 and shortly afterwards became prominent in business and public service. In 1915 he was appointed secretary-manager of the Alberta Returned Soldiers' Commission. Five years later he was made the Alberta Trade Commissioner, a position he held until the office was abolished in 1936. He then became the secretary of the Edmonton Safety Council, and in 1955 he was appointed the Director of the Alberta Safety Council. Mr. Stutchbury was prominent in music circles and, in association with Vernon Barford, he founded the Alberta Music Festival in 1908. He was a lifetime member of the Canadian Manufacturers Association and was chairman of the Alberta and Edmonton branches. He was also an honorary president of the Canadian Legion and Lieutenant-Governor of the Tuxis Parliament of Alberta.