Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents of series.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1979 - 2004 (Creation)
Physical description area
3.5 m of textual records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Scope and content
This series contains petitions submitted to City Council. It includes the following:
- 1979 petition to reduce the mill rate (sampled) [box 1]
- 1980 petition to declare City Hall a Municipal Historic Resource [boxes 1 and 2]
- 1985 letters and petitions in support of a proposed Cultural Policy as presented by the Mayor's Task Force on Culture [boxes 3 and 4]
- 1986 petition to protest proposed garbage dump at 259 Avenue and 17 Street NE [box 5]
- 1987 petition to protest budget cuts to curtail DATS transportation to ACT Centre [box 5]
- 1987 petition to have Edmonton declared a Nuclear Weapons Free Zone [box 6]
- 1988 petition in favour of the maintenance of the present airline service at the Edmonton Municipal Airport, and the continuation of scheduled commercial air service into the Edmonton Municipal Airport, and against additional restriction upon airline operations at the said Airport or the consolidation of airline operations at the Edmonton International Airport [box 7]
- 1992 petition to keep Keillor Road between Saskatchewan Drive and Fox Drive open (sampled) [box 1]
- 1993 petition for Council to Adopt an air services policy for Edmonton which requires all commercial jet passenger service to the Edmonton area be provided through the Edmonton International Airport (sampled) [box 1]
- 1994 petition to create a bylaw that requires the City of Edmonton to continue to hold all the issued shared of Edmonton Telephone Corporation, or alternatively, to submit the said bylaw to the electors for a vote (sampled) [box 1]
- 1998 petition to hold a plebiscite to request the Government of Alberta through the Alberta Liquor and Gaming Commission to remove Video Lottery Terminals from the City of Edmonton [boxes 8-16]
- 2004 petition to preserve Edmonton's historic housing and the natural urban village of 98th Avenue [box 16]
Immediate source of acquisition
This material was transferred to the City of Edmonton Archives by the Office of the City Clerk between 1992 and 2009.
The material was arranged according to the filing system of the creator.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
This material is restricted under FOIP.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Copyright may apply.
Reproduction restrictions apply.
See Scope and content above.
Further accruals are expected.
Accession numbers: A92-103, A98-177, A2002-122, A2009-13
Due to the restricted nature of the files, redacted samples have been digitized for the benefit of researchers.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
- Rules for Archival Description (RAD)
- Archives Society of Alberta Subject Terms
Level of detail