Archief RG-106 - Parkland County fonds

Open original Digitaal object

Title and statement of responsibility area

Titel

Parkland County fonds

Algemene aanduiding van het materiaal

  • Tekst document

Parallelle titel

Overige titelinformatie

Title statements of responsibility

Titel aantekeningen

  • Source of title proper: Title based on name of creator.

Beschrijvingsniveau

Archief

archiefbewaarplaats

referentie code

CA EDM RG-106

Editie

Editie

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Datering archiefvorming

Datum(s)

  • 1954 - 1958 (Vervaardig)
    Archiefvormer
    Parkland County

Fysieke beschrijving

Fysieke beschrijving

20 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archivistische beschrijving

Naam van de archiefvormer

Institutionele geschiedenis

When it was first surveyed for homesteads, the land that is now Parkland County was comprised of four townships, known as Small Improvement Districts. There were replaced in 1913 by Local Improvement Districts (LID), with the eastern portion of the current Parkland County known as LID Number 519. In 1942 LID 519 was amalgamated with LID 521 and the Municipal District of Tomahawk Number 521 to form the Municipal District of Stony Plain No. 520. In 1969 the Municipal District of Stony Plain was combined with the Stony Plain School Division to form the County of Parkland No. 31.

Today Parkland County encompasses territory from the eastern bank of the Pembina River (west of Entwistle, AB) to the City Limits of Edmonton east of highway 60, and north to south from approximately Highway 533 to the north bank of the North Saskatchewan River. In the 1960s and early 1980s Edmonton’s growth resulted in the periodic annexation of land including from Parkland County.

Geschiedenis beheer

Bereik en inhoud

This fonds consists of land records and development permits for properties later annexed by the City of Edmonton. Some have correspondence, site plans, or architectural drawings included.

Aantekeningen

Materiële staat

Directe bron van verwerving

This material was transferred to the City of Edmonton Archives from Parkland County in 2012.

Ordening

The material was arranged according to the filing system of the creator.

Taal van het materiaal

  • Engels

Schrift van het materiaal

Plaats van originelen

Beschikbaarheid in andere opslagformaten

Restrictions on access

There are no restrictions on access.

Termen voor gebruik, reproductie en publicatie.

Copyright may apply.
Reproduction restrictions may apply.

Toegangen

Finding aid available online.

Associated materials

Related materials

Aanvullingen

Further accruals are expected.

Algemene aantekening

Accession number: A2012-19

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standaard nummer

Trefwoorden

Geografische trefwoorden

Naam ontsluitingsterm

Genre access points

Beheer

Identificatie van het beschrijvingsrecord

Identificatiecode van de instelling

City of Edmonton Archives

Regels of conventies

Rules for Archival Description (RAD)
Archives Society of Alberta Subject Terms

Status

Finale

Niveau van detaillering

Datering van aanmaak, herziening of verwijdering

Taal van de beschrijving

Schrift van de beschrijving

Bronnen

Digitaal object (Master) rights area

Digitaal object (Referentie) rights area

Digitaal object (Thumbnail) rights area

Voorwaarden voor raadpleging en gebruik

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres

Fysieke opslag

  • Doos: RG Room