Fonds RG-106 - Parkland County fonds

Open original Digital object

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Parkland County fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on name of creator.

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA EDM RG-106

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1954 - 1958 (Creation)
    Creator
    Parkland County

Physical description area

Physical description

20 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

When it was first surveyed for homesteads, the land that is now Parkland County was comprised of four townships, known as Small Improvement Districts. There were replaced in 1913 by Local Improvement Districts (LID), with the eastern portion of the current Parkland County known as LID Number 519. In 1942 LID 519 was amalgamated with LID 521 and the Municipal District of Tomahawk Number 521 to form the Municipal District of Stony Plain No. 520. In 1969 the Municipal District of Stony Plain was combined with the Stony Plain School Division to form the County of Parkland No. 31.

Today Parkland County encompasses territory from the eastern bank of the Pembina River (west of Entwistle, AB) to the City Limits of Edmonton east of highway 60, and north to south from approximately Highway 533 to the north bank of the North Saskatchewan River. In the 1960s and early 1980s Edmonton’s growth resulted in the periodic annexation of land including from Parkland County.

Custodial history

Scope and content

This fonds consists of land records and development permits for properties later annexed by the City of Edmonton. Some have correspondence, site plans, or architectural drawings included.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

This material was transferred to the City of Edmonton Archives from Parkland County in 2012.

Arrangement

The material was arranged according to the filing system of the creator.

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

There are no restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Copyright may apply.
Reproduction restrictions may apply.

Finding aids

Finding aid available online.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Further accruals are expected.

General note

Accession number: A2012-19

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

City of Edmonton Archives

Rules or conventions

Rules for Archival Description (RAD)
Archives Society of Alberta Subject Terms

Status

Final

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres

Physical storage

  • Box: RG Room