Les Soeurs de l’Assomption de la Sainte Vierge

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Les Soeurs de l’Assomption de la Sainte Vierge

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1928-1972

History

Les Soeurs de l’Assomption la Sainte Vierge was founded in the parish of Grégoire-de-Nicolet, Quebec in 1853. In 1891 the order began to offer educational opportunities at boarding convent and day schools in St. Paul, Bonnyville, Maillaig, LaCorey, St. Vincent, Brosseau, and Lafond. In Edmonton they were known for the Assumption Academy, which offered a bilingual education to Edmonton girls from 1928 to 1972.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

AR-MS-112

Institution identifier

City of Edmonton Archives

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places