Title and statement of responsibility area
Kenneth A. McLeod fonds
General material designation
- Textual record
- Textual record - published
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents of fonds.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1910 - 1917 (Creation)
- McLeod, Kenneth A.
Physical description area
10 cm of textual records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Kenneth A. McLeod was born 7 Sep 1858 in Port Elgin, Ontario. He arrived in Edmonton in 1881 and was employed for some time by the Hudson's Bay Company. Later he entered the construction business and he built the McLeod Building on 100 Street and 100A Avenue in 1914. Mr. McLeod was also a prominent member of the Northern Alberta Pioneers and Old Timers' Association.
Kenneth McLeod died 27 Jul 1940 and is buried at the Edmonton Municipal Cemetery.
Harris McLeod is the grandson of Kenneth A. McLeod.
Scope and content
The fonds consists of a scrapbook, mostly of newspaper clippings, created by Kenneth A. McLeod relating to the Government of Premier A. F. Sifton, Government of Alberta. The clippings cover a variety of topics, subjects and people, including:
- Alberta: provincial finances, natural resources, politics and government
- railways: the Canadian Northern Railway, Canadian Northern Western Railway, Dunvegan and British Columbia Railway, Grand Trunk and Pacific Railway
- people: Donald Baker, R.B. Bennet, J.R. Boyle, G.H.V. Bulyea, Archy Campbell, W.R. Clarke, J.L. Cote, C.W. Cross, W.H. Cushing, Peter Gunn, George Hoadley, Robert Jaffray, Sir Wilfrid Laurier, Peter E. Lessard, A.J. McArthur, J.D. McArthur, John A. McDougall, A.J. (Archie) McLean, Duncan Marshall, Edward M. Michener, C.M. O’Brien, Frank Oliver, William Franklin Puffer, E.H. Riley, Harold Riley, Alexander Cameron Rutherford, Walter Scott, Arthur Lewis Sifton, Clifford Sifton, John W. Sifton, Charles Stewart, Robert Taylor Telford, T.M. Tweedie.
- current events at the time: freedom of the press, women’s suffrage, World War I (1914-1918).
The fonds also includes the book, The Last of the Buffalo: Comprising a History of the Buffalo Herd of the Flathead Reservation and An Account of the Great Round Up, by Tom Jones and Norman Luxtion, 1909 (599.64 JOH o/s).
Immediate source of acquisition
The fonds was donated to the City of Edmonton Archives by Mr. Harris McLeod in 1962.
The material was arranged according to the filing system of the creator.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
There are no restrictions on access.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Copyright may apply.
Reproduction restrictions may apply.
No further accruals are expected.
Accession numbers: A62-20
McLeod, Kenneth A.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Rules for Archival Description (RAD)
Archives Society of Alberta Subject Terms