The Town of Jasper Place Recreation Commission was established in 1954 (Bylaw 117) to provide and supervise recreation facilities, such as playgrounds, athletic fields, and recreation centres, as well as activities on properties owned and operated by the Town. The Commission was composed of Town Councillors, representatives from local school boards, and appointees from the community. In later years, the Recreation Commission was led by a superintendent. This position was filled by Jack Boddington from June 10, 1960, until amalgamation, at which point the Recreation Commission ceased operations and its functions were subsumed into the City of Edmonton's Parks and Recreation Department.
This series consists of records created and collected by the Jasper Place Recreation Commission. It includes scrapbooks as well as administrative materials such as meeting minutes, correspondence with other organizations, staffing, and facility rentals and maintenance. The series also includes an event poster for the Jasper Place Sports Centre.