The fonds consists of photographs from the Edmonton Chamber of Commerce's in-house collection. The photographs are of early Edmonton and include buildings, street scenes, city and farm scenes, animals, agriculture, people and events.
The fonds consists of business and family records of John A.L. McDougall. The business records cover their land, lumber and coal business activities including sales made by the company, court actions regarding unpaid debts and lands they owned in the other parts of Alberta, specifically Keephills and Telfordville.
The family records include correspondence between family members (copied from the photographic postcards), medals and a souvenir pamphlet from the inauguration of Alberta, 1905.
The photographs include family members, friends, buildings and events in Edmonton, as well as lumber activities.
The fonds consists of photographs, correspondence, journals, financial statements, and account books relating to the operation of Benjamin Leibovitz’s sporting goods store, Uncle Ben’s Exchange, with a range of dates from 1912 to 1970.
The fonds consists of a list of banks in Edmonton from September 1891 to December 1938, including the names of managers and terms of office (Edmonton Clearing House 1939) and a programme from the First Annual Dinner of the Old Timers’ Association, 1894 (which would later become the Northern Alberta Pioneer & Old Timers’ Association).
The fonds consists of a handwritten account by G.D. Clark on the first fireworks display in Edmonton, held 1 July 1893 at the racetrack on the Hudson’s Bay Reserve lands. It includes references to Tommy Lauder and Bill Ibbotson.
This fonds consists of an information brochure on the Council, annual report (1974), list of presidents (1962-1976) and an operational summary as of July 1975 including a history and list of accomplishments to that date.
This fonds consists of a copy of Canadian Florist, Aug. 16, 1958, containing an article on Walter Ramsay, “Alberta pioneer florist”, by Rene Hobbins, p. 8. The photograph is of the Ramsay home and greenhouses, Victoria Ave., between 110 St. and 111 St., Edmonton AB, [ca. 1914].