The fonds consists of photographs from the Edmonton Chamber of Commerce's in-house collection. The photographs are of early Edmonton and include buildings, street scenes, city and farm scenes, animals, agriculture, people and events.
The fonds consists of photos taken by Eric Bland for the Edmonton Bulletin in the last five years of the Bulletin’s existence (April 1947-January 1951) (EA-600). The photos include Edmonton personalities, accidents, events, clubs and societies, buildings (including churches, schools and hospitals), commerce, industry, transportation and military. The fonds also includes images used in the publication 'Edmonton Bulletin Special Edition 1911' (EB-26). This publication gave a history of Edmonton to that point. The photographs include people, houses, buildings businesses, street scenes, bridges and transportation.
The fonds consists of photographs of Edmonton taken by Eric R. Crouch. They include skylines, buildings, bridges, the Legislative Grounds and various cityscapes taken from the roofs of downtown buildings.
The fonds consists of photographs of people, nature, weather, buildings, street scenes and events in Edmonton, as well as some self-portraits and still lifes. Of special interest are sequential photographs of storms and weather events, as well as building demolition and construction, notably the Molson’s Brewery building on 104 Avenue.
The fonds consists of records of the restoration of Edmonton Radial Railway Street Car Number 1. It includes a photograph album, technical literature and plans relating to street railway equipment from several manufacturers. The photographs include the Cromdale car barns and yard of the Edmonton Transit System.
The fonds consists of hand painted cards with street scenes of Edmonton painted by Reg and sent to friends and family at Christmas. It also includes the notes sent with the card outlining details of the scenes and Reg’s memories of Edmonton. Cards and accompanying notes include:
98 St. Looking East Down Jasper Avenue (EAA-25-1),
Jasper Avenue Looking North and East, including Brighton Block, Kenmo Lodge, The Hub Hotel, Gem and Georgia Baths (EAA-25-2),
Jasper Avenue with the Hub Hotel and Georgia Baths (EA-25-3),
97th Street and Jasper Avenue, including Dreamland Theatre and Mite Block (EAA-25-4),
Edmonton’s 5 Way Intersection, including Alex Taylor school and the Checker Lunch (EAA-25-5),
Winter Snowfall 1942 (EAA-25-6),
C. Woodward Ltd. Building (EAA-25-7),
The Tegler Building (EAA-25-8),
The Gibson Block (EAA-25-9),
Metropolitan Stores (EAA-25-10) The accompanying notes are in MS-152, f. 1.
The fonds consists of research papers written by Raymond Corley on the history and development of the Edmonton Interurban Railway and the Edmonton, Yukon and Pacific Railway. The Edmonton Interurban Railway ran between Edmonton and St. Albert. The line opened on September 30, 1913, and was partially phased into the Edmonton Radial Railway System in 1916. In 1920, the system was purchased by the City of Edmonton. The Edmonton, Yukon & Pacific Railway was the first railway built into Edmonton, before amalgamation with Strathcona. The EY&P railway connected with the Calgary and Edmonton Railway (C&E) and eventually became part of the Canadian North Railway. The records include the original research papers, with subsequent revisions. Note – the later revisions are only the pages that were changed, not the entire paper. File List: File 1. Edmonton Interurban Railway - original paper 1970/1971 (2 c.), revised 1983; revised pages 1987. File 2. Edmonton, Yukon & Pacific Railway, original paper – original paper 1968, revised pages n.d., revision 1970/1971, revision Dec 1971, revised pages 1972, revised pages 1987.