Showing 157 results

Archival description
Series Government With digital objects
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

Administrative Records

Series consists of reports, correspondence, and speeches relating to the various functions performed by the Analytical Services, Computer Systems, Computer Operations branches of the Management Services Department.

Analytical Services Branch; Computer Systems Branch; Computer Operations Branch

Financial Records

This series includes records related to the financial responsibilities of the Town of Strathcona and City of Strathcona. It includes tax assessment rolls, tax sale ledgers, ledgers of receipts and expenditures, information about utilities, and a general financial ledger.

Correspondence, Office of the Secretary-Treasurer

The office of Secretary-Treasurer was first held by George F. Downes (1899-1906), then H. G. Clarke (1906-1909), and finally C. E. K. Cox (1910-1912).

This series includes correspondence from the office of the Secretary-Treasurer.

The series is divided into four subseries:

  • Subseries 5.1: Letterbook of Outgoing Correspondence (November 1, 1899 -October 6, 1906)
  • Subseries 5.2: Letterbook of Outgoing Correspondence (October 8, 1906 -July 17, 1907)
  • Subseries 5.3: Correspondence (May 1901 -March 15, 1907)
  • Subseries 5.4: Correspondence (March 15, 1907 -March 1912)

Subseries 5.4 also includes two photographs of Sollitt House and Yard: EA-10-2739 and EA-10-2740.

Engineering Department

The Engineering Department was established in 1958 when the Department of Public Works and the Department of Public Utilities were amalgamated. The department was responsible for the construction and maintenance of Town infrastructure, such as streets, parks, and water and sewer lines, as well as for providing garbage collection and metre reading services. The Department was also tasked with building the Jasper Place Sports Centre. When the Town of Jasper Place amalgamated with the City of Edmonton, the Engineering Department was subsumed into the larger City Engineer's Department.

This series consists of records created and collected by the Jasper Place Engineering Department. It includes project reports, updates, finances, correspondence, police reports on damage to infrastructure, personnel, and blueprints. This series also includes a plaque for the First Street Paving Program.

Planning

This series contains records relating to the Planning function of the Town of Jasper Place, including meeting minutes and resolutions from the Interim Development Board, the Development Appeal Board, and the Architectural Review Panel.

Jasper Place Recreation Commission

The Town of Jasper Place Recreation Commission was established in 1954 (Bylaw 117) to provide and supervise recreation facilities, such as playgrounds, athletic fields, and recreation centres, as well as activities on properties owned and operated by the Town. The Commission was composed of Town Councillors, representatives from local school boards, and appointees from the community. In later years, the Recreation Commission was led by a superintendent. This position was filled by Jack Boddington from June 10, 1960, until amalgamation, at which point the Recreation Commission ceased operations and its functions were subsumed into the City of Edmonton's Parks and Recreation Department.

This series consists of records created and collected by the Jasper Place Recreation Commission. It includes scrapbooks as well as administrative materials such as meeting minutes, correspondence with other organizations, staffing, and facility rentals and maintenance. The series also includes an event poster for the Jasper Place Sports Centre.

Office of the Secretary-Treasurer

This series contains correspondence files from the Office of the Secretary-Treasurer. The Secretary-Treasurer, also known as the Town Clerk and Treasurer, was responsible for the Town's finances, purchasing, and record-keeping. The material in this series relates to a wide variety of Town functions, including bylaws, finances, contracts, human resources, utilities, infrastructure, recreation, welfare, development, and land sales.

Fire Department

The creation of a Jasper Place Fire Department was approve by Town Council in January, 1950. While the Fire Department was being established, fire protection services were provided by the City of Edmonton. The Jasper Place Fire Department received their first fire engine in October of 1950, and responded to their first call the following month.

This series consists of committee minutes, memos, operating procedures, reports and financial records relating to the activities of the Town of Jasper Place Fire Department. It also includes records related to fires and fire alarms.

An order has been imposed on the material. The arrangement includes 2 subseries.
The series are as follows:

  • Subseries 1: Administrative Records
  • Subseries 2: Fire fighting Operations

Census and Voter Enumeration

The Town Clerk and Treasurer was responsible for undertaking a census of residents and voter enumeration. The first census was done in April 1954, and periodically thereafter with the final one completed in April 1964.

This series consists of records created as a result of this work. The material contains voters lists, census enumeration, polling district maps, training aids, and a letter of employment the the 1962 Census Taker and Enumerator.

Results 1 to 10 of 157