The fonds consists of political papers relating to Dr. Roper's tenure as Mayor of Edmonton from 1959 to 1963. The photographs are from an album, presented to Elmer Roper by Chief Constable M.F.C. Anthony, commemorating the official opening of Police Headquarters Building, October 16, 1962. The textual material was arranged as follows:
Speeches, includes proclamations, briefings and other statements.
General Correspondence, containing invitations and acknowledgements; complaints and compliments, and general commentaries on civic business; also includes files created by his immediate predecessors as mayor, William Hawrelak, mayor until his resignation in September 1959 and F.J. Mitchell, acting mayor until the municipal election in October 1959.
Miscellaneous Papers, including new clippings, reports, and incidental documents
This fonds consists of personal papers of John J. Duggan as well as some records for the Town/City of Strathcona, including Duggan’s mayoral candidacy. The photographs are predominantly of the activities of the Old Timers’ association but there is also one of the first hand car into Edmonton.
This fonds consists of material related to land titles and related correspondence in the parts of Sturgeon County that were eventually annexed by the City of Edmonton. The records detail changes pertaining to the land such as the sales, recovery of taxes, building permits, and changes of ownership.
Fonds reflects the evolution of the Community and Family Services Department and the responsibilities it was tasked with during its existence. The textual records consist of: annual reports, statistics, financial statements, correspondence, policy statements, newsletters, minutes, photographs, forms, mission statements, lists of citizens, and other material. The original record order as found in 2016 has been retained, though an intellectual arrangement has been provided in the finding aid.