- CA EDM MS-155-EA-281-1
Part of Edward Bell fonds
While a building for Bennett School was under construction on the Gallagher Flats in 1912, students were housed in a 2 story house nearby. However so many turned up, they could not all be accommodated in the temporary location. The school board then made immediate plans to use the upstairs of this home as an additional classroom and supplied the outside stairway entrance to the building. Mr. Ed Bell was the teacher in this classroom. By Easter of 1913, the new Bennett School was ready for occupancy with Ed Bell as the principal.