This sub-series contains records created in the planning and operation of Fort Edmonton Park. The material includes research, reports, proposals, and planning documents.
The sub-series also includes photographs taken of Fort Edmonton Park, John Walter Museum, the Historical Exhibits Building, the Cromdale Warehouse (former Cromdale Bus Barns), the Nature Centre, the C.W. Cross Residence at 12729 Stony Plain Road, the McCauley House at 10042 92 Street, general shots of Riverdale and the Edmonton skyline, and an interior photo of the Ukrainian Bookstore.
The fonds consists of textual records, historical documents, photographs, paintings and maps gathered by NAPOTA in support of the association’s goal of preserving the history of Edmonton. The fonds also includes the records of the association including minutes, membership records, correspondence, financial documents and news clippings. The fonds is arranged as follows:
Correspondence files 1926, 1928-1929 . a. Alphabetical file series . b. Correspondence files
Topical files 1887-2009 . a. Alphabetical file series . b. Correspondence files
Newspapers and Clippings
Northern Alberta Pioneers and Old Timers' Association
This fonds consists of material related to land titles and related correspondence in the parts of Sturgeon County that were eventually annexed by the City of Edmonton. The records detail changes pertaining to the land such as the sales, recovery of taxes, building permits, and changes of ownership.
The fonds consists of textual records and photographs created or collected by Hubert A. Hollingworth. The textual records include photography booklets and catalogues, various souvenir programs, a post card album, high school newsletters, published works, maps, and newspaper clippings relating to Edmonton's history, and a memorial of Frank Hollingworth and his work with early radio.
The photograph records are divided into two series: Series 1 – Hollingworth Photographs. Series 2 – Glass Slide Photographs.
The fonds consists of accounting records from Fort Edmonton (1879-1884) and a daily journal from Fort Victoria, now Pakan (1890-1893). There are also records relating to a model-building contest of Fort Edmonton and copies of plans for Fort Edmonton (1970). Photographs include the official opening of Fort Edmonton Park (1967), the winning Fort Edmonton model and builder (1970), York boats and Red River carts.
This series contains ledgers describing land purchased and owned by the City of Edmonton and used for conducting the business of the municipality, as well as certificates of ownership and duplicate certificates of title for select municipal properties.