The collection consists of records created or collected by various departments of the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology. The textual records include reports prepared by students enrolled in the Architecture Department in conjunction with the English Department and created in 1969. Each report contains technical and historical information on a different building of architectural significance in Edmonton. There are 28 reports in total and include commercial, educational, religious, public and industrial buildings. The photographs include the Edmonton Monarchs hockey teams [ca. 1960 and 1970].
The collection consists of two tickets from Edmonton’s first movie theatre, the Bijou Theatre (John Hazza – Manager). The Bijou Theatre, located at 10134 – 101 Street, opened around 1910. It was remodeled in 1938 with plans designed by the architectural firm Rule, Wynn, Rule and reopened at the Rialto Theatre. The Bijou theatre closed around 1987.