The fonds consists of a scrapbook, mostly of newspaper clippings, created by Kenneth A. McLeod relating to the Government of Premier A. F. Sifton, Government of Alberta. The clippings cover a variety of topics, subjects and people, including:
Alberta: provincial finances, natural resources, politics and government
railways: the Canadian Northern Railway, Canadian Northern Western Railway, Dunvegan and British Columbia Railway, Grand Trunk and Pacific Railway
people: Donald Baker, R.B. Bennet, J.R. Boyle, G.H.V. Bulyea, Archy Campbell, W.R. Clarke, J.L. Cote, C.W. Cross, W.H. Cushing, Peter Gunn, George Hoadley, Robert Jaffray, Sir Wilfrid Laurier, Peter E. Lessard, A.J. McArthur, J.D. McArthur, John A. McDougall, A.J. (Archie) McLean, Duncan Marshall, Edward M. Michener, C.M. O’Brien, Frank Oliver, William Franklin Puffer, E.H. Riley, Harold Riley, Alexander Cameron Rutherford, Walter Scott, Arthur Lewis Sifton, Clifford Sifton, John W. Sifton, Charles Stewart, Robert Taylor Telford, T.M. Tweedie.
current events at the time: freedom of the press, women’s suffrage, World War I (1914-1918). The fonds also includes the book, The Last of the Buffalo: Comprising a History of the Buffalo Herd of the Flathead Reservation and An Account of the Great Round Up, by Tom Jones and Norman Luxtion, 1909 (599.64 JOH o/s).
The fonds consists of textual records and photographs created or collected by Hubert A. Hollingworth. The textual records reflect Hollingworth’s business and photography work, as well as his family and household life. There are also records where it is not known how they are specifically related to Hollingworth, so it has been assumed he collected the pieces. These records, as well as the books and maps, reflect Hollingworth's variety of interests.
The photographs cover a wide array of Edmonton including buildings and street scenes, activities and events, as well as people and businesses.
The photograph records are divided into two series: Series 1 – Hollingworth Photographs. Series 2 – Glass Slide Photographs.
This fonds consists of the slide presentation “An Edmonton Story” created by members of the Gateway Camera Club. In this project the club members were attempting to tell the story of Edmonton’s history and growth through photography. The textual records include instructions, presentation outline, slide index with names of providers, script (2 copies), tray lists of the slide presentation. There is also a recorded narration (audiotape) to accompany the slides. File List: File 1. An Edmonton Story – notes, general outline, slide tray indexes, slide index (listing photographers). File 2. An Edmonton Story – script (2 copies) (for slides and narration on audio reel, see ET-11 and EAV-3).
This fonds consists of an information brochure on the Council, annual report (1974), list of presidents (1962-1976) and an operational summary as of July 1975 including a history and list of accomplishments to that date.
The fonds consists of programmes, orders of service and booklets relating to the dairy industry, royalty, the Boer War and the First World War and women’s organizations. It also includes photographs of a land scrip certificate, members of the Lauder family, dairy groups and facilities, an Edmonton firehall and an Old Timers’ luncheon group.
The fonds consists of records of the Edmonton Zoological Society including correspondence, financial statements, and minutes of meetings. File List: File 1. Correspondence – general. Includes list of officers and directors. 1960-1973 File 2. Correspondence – Edmonton Zoo Advisory Board. Includes news clippings. 1966-1969 File 3. Financial statements. 1961-1967 File 4. Financial records. 1962-1970 File 5. Cheque stubs, deposit slips. 1961-1966
The fonds consists of a collection of historical sketches on the Riverdale area created by Amos Skinner. It includes lists of street names in Riverdale and of Principals at Riverdale School. The records include references to Mr. D.B. Fraser, Fraser’s Mill and Mr. J.B. Little. The community of Riverdale is located along the North Saskatchewan River. Settlers arriving in the 1880s were quick to develop this large flat area, which was just one mile downstream from Fort Edmonton. One of the first arrivals was Daniel Robert Fraser, who started a flour and sawmill in the flats in 1881. The area became known as Fraser Flats until the community changed the name to Riverdale in 1910.
This fonds consists of a copy of Canadian Florist, Aug. 16, 1958, containing an article on Walter Ramsay, “Alberta pioneer florist”, by Rene Hobbins, p. 8. The photograph is of the Ramsay home and greenhouses, Victoria Ave., between 110 St. and 111 St., Edmonton AB, [ca. 1914].