The collection consists of two tickets from Edmonton’s first movie theatre, the Bijou Theatre (John Hazza – Manager). The Bijou Theatre, located at 10134 – 101 Street, opened around 1910. It was remodeled in 1938 with plans designed by the architectural firm Rule, Wynn, Rule and reopened at the Rialto Theatre. The Bijou theatre closed around 1987.
The collection consists of personal items, photographs, stories, scrapbooks, newspaper clippings and memorabilia relating to the experiences of some Edmontonians in the Second World War. There are also two books – ‘The Royal Canadian Legion 1926-1986’ (369.271 ROY SWI 1986) and ‘Valour Remembered: Canada and the Second World War 1939-1945’ (940.540 GIE c. 2).
The collection consists of records accumulated by Alfred Bramley-Moore including a Northern Alberta Land Registration District Duplicate Certificate of Title belonging to Jonathan Hoffman, 1898, the Canadian Expeditionary Force, Divisional Cavalry - 19th Alberta Dragoons Roll of Officers, 1915 and an obituary of John J. Thompson, 1959.
The collection consists of records donated by the Oblate Archives as the records better serve the mandate of the City of Edmonton Archives. It consists of photographs of early Edmonton, including Fort Edmonton, the North Saskatchewan River and John Walter’s Mill.
The collection consists of a copy of the Edmonton Bulletin, No. 1, November 2, 1889 and 1970 newspaper clipping from the Sarnia Observer noting the Edmonton Bulletin, first issued December 6, 1880, as the first newspaper in Alberta.
The photographs include images of Indigenous peoples and one image of the Daily (Edmonton) Bulletin building.
The collection consists of newspapers and a booklet focusing on Edmonton and Athabasca Landing. There are also photographs of the Edmonton Meat Market, Chave & Co. in St. Albert and Athabasca Landing. Item List:
newspaper reproduction of The Edmonton Bulletin, Vol. 1., No. 15, March 14, 1881