- CA EDM MS-1071-EA-600-2409b
- 1949 May 16
Part of Edmonton Bulletin fonds
4 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
Part of Edmonton Bulletin fonds
The collection consists of copies of the Edmonton Bulletin newspaper, including the first issue Vol. 1, No. 1, December 6, 1880 (2 copies) and Vol. 1., No. 3, December 20,1880
The collection consists of newspapers and a booklet focusing on Edmonton and Athabasca Landing. There are also photographs of the Edmonton Meat Market, Chave & Co. in St. Albert and Athabasca Landing.
Conlin, Mrs. P.J.
The fonds consists of greeting cards and other memorabilia belonging to Gertrude Lake. There is also a photograph of a 1914 Ladies basketball team, with a basketball lettered “A.G.T. L.D.O” and 2 travel photographs.
Lake, Gertrude Doughty
The collection consists of a copy of the Edmonton Bulletin, No. 1, November 2, 1889 and 1970 newspaper clipping from the Sarnia Observer noting the Edmonton Bulletin, first issued December 6, 1880, as the first newspaper in Alberta.
The photographs include images of Indigenous peoples and one image of the Daily (Edmonton) Bulletin building.
Haines, Alfred Henry
The fonds consists of an interview by Henry with his uncle Samuel Archibald Dickson and a set of ‘Edmonton First’ broadcast spots (transcripts) by John E. Barron, Sunwapta Broadcasting, for CFRN radio, to which Henry Ward contributed ideas.
The photographs include the home where Marshall McLuhan grew up in Edmonton AB and of Samuel Archibald Dickson.
File 1. Interview with Samuel Archibald Dickson
File 2. Edmonton First Broadcasts – transcripts, CFRN Radio (photocopy)
Ward, Henry G.
This fonds consists of a photostatic copy of two pages of The Toronto Mail, October 1, 1892, containing an article, "In The North-West: The Town and District of Edmonton, Alberta".
The article includes brief biographies and photographs of:
Antonio Prince MLA,
John D. Harrison,
Edward A. Braithwaite,
Colix F. Strang,
As well as Edmonton businesses:
P. Heiminck and Co.,
Larue and Picard general merchants,
Gallagher's Meat Store,
George Thomson's Drug Store,
The Toronto Mail
This series consists of records related to the proposed privatization of ED Tel in 1994. The records include correspondence, a memorandum, presentations, proposals, and notes relating to different options. The material was used by Allan Bolstad in his capacity as a City Councillor.
The Edmonton Telephones Corporation (ED Tel) was created in 1990 as a result of the provincial Telecommunications Act, which allowed municipalities to provide telecommunications services and products through a wholly-owned subsidiary corporation, but not through a City department. In early 1994 the outgoing ED Tel President publicly raised the idea of selling the utility. Ultimately the Edmonton Telephones Corporation was sold to Telus on March 10, 1995 for $470,221,872.
This fonds consists photos of the 1982 Mayor’s Safety Awards.
This fonds consists of correspondence, publications, pamphlets, ephemera and other records created as a result of the City's function of communicating with the public and planning for and celebrating special events. It has been divided into the following series:
Corporate Communications Department