The fonds consists of records of the Edmonton Zoological Society including correspondence, financial statements, and minutes of meetings. File List: File 1. Correspondence – general. Includes list of officers and directors. 1960-1973 File 2. Correspondence – Edmonton Zoo Advisory Board. Includes news clippings. 1966-1969 File 3. Financial statements. 1961-1967 File 4. Financial records. 1962-1970 File 5. Cheque stubs, deposit slips. 1961-1966
The collection consists of a brochure (2 copies) for the "Patriotic Day Service" for Edmonton schools, held Thursday June 30, 1927 to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee of the Confederation of Canada. The collection also includes a set of books – ‘The Principles and Practice of Modern House-Construction (1899) Including Water-Supply and Fittings-Sanitary Fittings and Plumbing-Drainage and Sewage-Disposal-Warming Ventilation-Lighting-Sanitary Aspects of Furniture and Decoration-Climate and Situation Stables-Sanitary Law’ (6 volumes – 690 SUT).
The fonds consists predominantly of records from Kathleen Waddell’s time in the Women’s Royal Canadian Naval Service. They include one menu card for the Christmas Dinner 1943 of HMCS Stadacona and photographs of Kathleen as a Wren (EA-557-1 to EA-557-11). There are also photographs of the 1915 flood of the North Saskatchewan River taken by Kathleen’s father, Robert Waddell (EA-557-12 to EA-557-14).
The fonds consists of materials created or collected by Hazel McCuaig. It includes correspondence, a scrapbook collection containing news clippings on members of the Northern Alberta Pioneers' and Old Timers' Association and other prominent people and places in Alberta's history, brochures and programs relating to historical groups and cultural events in Edmonton and Strathcona. The photographs include the Rutherford home, Edmonton and district buildings, events, family members and friends as well as a military panorama (EA-82, EA-10-353, EA-10-2251). There are also maps and books on Edmonton and one watercolour drawing of McKay Avenue School (EAA-92-1).
The fonds consists of photos taken by Eric Bland for the Edmonton Bulletin in the last five years of the Bulletin’s existence (April 1947-January 1951) (EA-600). The photos include Edmonton personalities, accidents, events, clubs and societies, buildings (including churches, schools and hospitals), commerce, industry, transportation and military. The fonds also includes images used in the publication 'Edmonton Bulletin Special Edition 1911' (EB-26). This publication gave a history of Edmonton to that point. The photographs include people, houses, buildings businesses, street scenes, bridges and transportation.
The collection consists of two tickets from Edmonton’s first movie theatre, the Bijou Theatre (John Hazza – Manager). The Bijou Theatre, located at 10134 – 101 Street, opened around 1910. It was remodeled in 1938 with plans designed by the architectural firm Rule, Wynn, Rule and reopened at the Rialto Theatre. The Bijou theatre closed around 1987.
The fonds consists of copies of photos from the Gray family photo album. The photographs include photos of the Gray family, including Bishop Gray in his professional capacity, as well as local Boy Scouts and All Saints’ Anglican Cathedral.
The fonds consists of a collection of historical sketches on the Riverdale area created by Amos Skinner. It includes lists of street names in Riverdale and of Principals at Riverdale School. The records include references to Mr. D.B. Fraser, Fraser’s Mill and Mr. J.B. Little. The community of Riverdale is located along the North Saskatchewan River. Settlers arriving in the 1880s were quick to develop this large flat area, which was just one mile downstream from Fort Edmonton. One of the first arrivals was Daniel Robert Fraser, who started a flour and sawmill in the flats in 1881. The area became known as Fraser Flats until the community changed the name to Riverdale in 1910.
The fonds consists of political papers relating to Dr. Roper's tenure as Mayor of Edmonton from 1959 to 1963. The photographs are from an album, presented to Elmer Roper by Chief Constable M.F.C. Anthony, commemorating the official opening of Police Headquarters Building, October 16, 1962. The textual material was arranged as follows:
Speeches, includes proclamations, briefings and other statements.
General Correspondence, containing invitations and acknowledgements; complaints and compliments, and general commentaries on civic business; also includes files created by his immediate predecessors as mayor, William Hawrelak, mayor until his resignation in September 1959 and F.J. Mitchell, acting mayor until the municipal election in October 1959.
Miscellaneous Papers, including new clippings, reports, and incidental documents