Fonds consists of minutes, reports, correspondence, invoices, clippings, scrapbooks, bylaws, contracts, minutes, and records relating to voter and census enumeration.
An order has been imposed on the material. The arrangement includes multiple series. The first 10 (RG-8.0 - RG-8.9) were processed in the 1970s and 1980s. Due to the size of the collection, the processing archivist decided to create a new division for each accession. From the 1990s the records were processed and arranged based on function, as reflected from RG-8.10 onwards.
- RG-8.0: The Papers of the Edmonton Town/City Secretary (1892-1912)
- RG-8.1: Edmonton Financial Accounts (1892-1915)
- RG-8.2: Debenture (1897)
- RG-8.3: Office of the City Clerk (1891-1913)
- RG-8.4: Election Scrapbooks (1918-1963)
- RG-8.5: Bylaws regarding Royal Visits (1939-1951)
- RG-8.6: Office of the City Clerk (1935-1972)
- RG-8.7: Public Affairs Committee (1968-1973)
- RG-8.8: Office of the City Clerk (1969-1974)
- RG-8.9: Office of the City Clerk (1965-1973)
- RG-8.10: Special Committee Reports of the City Clerk (1907-1966)
- RG-8.11: Civic Elections and Census Enumeration (1895-1974)
- RG-8.12: Bylaws (1892-2014)
- RG-8.13: Contracts (1893-1989)
- RG-8.14: Minutes (1892-1991)
- RG-8.15: Committee Minutes
- RG-8.16: Bylaw Committee Reports
- RG-8.17: Finance Committee Reports
- RG-8.18: Reports and Publications
- RG-8.19: Petitions
- RG-8.20: Executive Committee
- RG-8.21: Rules and Procedures Committee
- RG-8.22: Procedures Review Committee
- RG-8.23: Airport Study Committee
- RG-8.24: Audit Committee
- RG-8.25: Land Sales Committee
- RG-8.26: Legislative Committee
- RG-8.27: Utilities and Engineering Committee
- RG-8.28: Economic Affairs Committee
- RG-8.29: Council Communications
- RG-8.30: City Crest Committee
This work, created by Alexander Fraser, previously hung in the Mayor’s Office, before being transferred to the City of Edmonton Archives in 1983. Alexander Fraser (1827-1899), also known as Alexander Fraser the Younger, was a Scottish landscape painter.
Qaqaq Ashoona, also known as Kaka, was a renowned hunter and sculptor. He was born on August 18, 1928 in Ikerrasak camp, Baffin Island, NWT, and was the eldest son of Inuk artist Pitseolak Ashoona. Qaqaq's sculptures gained recognition for their monumental and powerful portrayal of animals, humans, and spirits. Notably, his works were characterized by their compactness and bold forms. In 1953, his sculptures were showcased at the Coronation Exhibition in London, England, marking his first international exposure. Subsequently, he held his first solo exhibition at the Gallery of the Arctic in Victoria, British Columbia in 1973. His artistic achievements continued to be widely exhibited and celebrated both in Canada and internationally. He died November 2, 1996 in Cape Dorset, NWT.
This is an architectural rendering of Centennial Plaza, located south of the Stanley Milner Library. It was done by Dale Lewis, a graphic designer for the Planning and Building Department.
The Valhalla (11307 - 99 Avenue) opened in 1971 as a luxury apartment building. This painting was created by Jerry Heine. Heine joined the Edmonton Art Club in 1967, and submitted oil and watercolour paintings to club exhibitions between 1967 and 1976. He received early training as a commercial artist at NAIT and took several courses throughout the years at the University of Alberta Fine Arts Department as well as the Department of Extension. He taught at the University of Alberta Faculty of Extension for many years, and has had dozens of solo art exhibitions nationally and internationally.
This work was part of a series of 6 titled "Principal Series I" by James Lindsay. Lindsay was born in Scotland in 1946, and graduated from the Glasgow School of Art in 1967, having studied printmaking. He moved to Edmonton in 1970, where he exhibited paintings and published a book of poetry with Christopher Ringrose. He moved to Victoria in 1974 where he continued working as an artist and as an activist for art on the local and national scene.
George Brindley (1913-1974) joined the Edmonton Art Club in 1942. He submitted a number of oil paintings to club exhibitions between 1949 and 1953, and was a member of the club’s Executive Committee.
This work was painted by Agnes Teviotdale. Agnes Teviotdale was born in Strathcona to Mr. and Mrs. Harry Wilson in 1893. She was a member of the first graduating class at the U of A in 1912. She worked for EPSB until 1918, then went to England where she worked as a nurses aid with the Voluntary Aid Division, returning to Edmonton in 1919, where she worked as secretary to the Dean of Arts at U of A. In 1922 she married David Teviotdale. At some point they moved to California, but when David died in 1940 she returned to Edmonton with her two children. She worked with others to create the Historical Map of South Edmonton (EAM-29). She wrote a book on her father in 1972 called “Vast Prospects and Splendid Songs: Harry Wilson Strathcona Pioneer of 1892” (920 TEV). She died in 1977.