The fonds consists of photographs, correspondence, journals, financial statements, and account books relating to the operation of Benjamin Leibovitz’s sporting goods store, Uncle Ben’s Exchange, with a range of dates from 1912 to 1970.
The fonds consists of two agreements for the sale of land in Crescent Heights, Edmonton (Lots 3 & 4, Block 7 in Sec NW 24 - T 52 - R 24 - W4), between Elmer E. Pointer, a clerk in Pembroke, and Christie M. Small.
The fonds consists of one history of highland dancing with references to the Alberta Highland Dancing Association, prepared by Sandra Allnutt, the Branch’s publicity chairman, in 1976. The history contains information about the origins of Highland dancing, in addition to details specific to ten individual dances.
Alberta Highland Dancing Association, Edmonton Branch
The fonds consists of records created by Hooks Signs Ltd. of Edmonton. The textural records (1912-1949, predominantly 1912-1919) include 9 invoice books from 21 Oct 1912 to 31 Oct 1919 and 2 Sep 1947 to 31 Jan 1949, as well as Hook Signs labels, certificates, Licenses, administrative records, and materials for an anniversary book. The photographs (1920-1980) include images of the billboards and signs created by Hook Signs. There are also various street scenes and intersections in Edmonton, with a blank billboard sign in the background. These were used to show advertising opportunities to potential clients.
This fonds contains the records of the City Assessor's Department and its predecessor body, the Office of the City Assessor, including correspondence, forms, and tax assessment and tax collector's rolls.
An order has been imposed on the material. The arrangement includes 2 series, which are as follows:
Series 1: Administrative Records
Series 2: Assessment Records
The fonds consists of a handwritten account by G.D. Clark on the first fireworks display in Edmonton, held 1 July 1893 at the racetrack on the Hudson’s Bay Reserve lands. It includes references to Tommy Lauder and Bill Ibbotson.
This fonds consists of notes and articles prepared by G.M. Hutchinson relating to the work of Robert Rundle, who was one of a small group of missionaries who were sent to Canada by the Wesleyans (Methodists) in England in 1840. Rundle was the first Protestant missionary to reach the area which is now Alberta. His first headquarters was Fort Edmonton from where he traveled as far as Rocky Mountain House, the Bow River near the future site of Banff, and Beaver Lake. Shortly before he left Canada in 1848 he established a mission at Pigeon Lake, now known as the Rundle Mission. The material was used in research for Rundle House at Fort Edmonton Park. The fonds also includes a photograph of Rev. Robert Rundle and his bride, Mary Wolverson. Item List:
memorandum re: marriages performed by Rundle in Saskatchewan District; includes a list of 7 marriages Rundle performed at Edmonton House 1841-1848, n.d.
historical article, “The Rev. Robert Terrill Rundle at Fort Edmonton”, by G.M. Hutchinson, July, 1974
address, “The British (Wesleyan) Mission to North America, 1840-1854”, by G.M. Hutchinson, October 2, 1974. The records include references to: Phroisine Brabon, Ephriam Evans, Hugh Frazer, Antione Gouin, Francoise Gouin, Margaret Harriott, Paul Kane, Paul Kane Jr., Rev. William Mason, Peter Ogden, Antione Osee, Judie Osee, Jean Baptiste Pauldit, Jean Baptiste Raymond, John Rowand, John Rowand. Mary Wolverson Rundle, Rev. Robert Terrill Rundle, See-Seel, Sir George Simpson, Angelique Tessier, Father Thybeault, Elizabeth Ward, George Ward and the Wesleyan Missionary Society.
This fonds consists of correspondence, minutes and reports relating to the historical interests of Samuel Archibald Dickson, particularly his involvement in the campaign to restore/replicate Fort Edmonton in association with the Northern Alberta Pioneers and Old Timers Association (for which he also served as legal counsel), the Historical Society of Alberta, the Edmonton Museum Committee and the Edmonton Archives and Landmarks Committee.
The photographs include Indigenous men, women and children as well as some scenes of Edmonton such as the official opening of Fort Edmonton Park in 1967, minstrel shows ca. 1921 and the demolition of the Tegler building in 1982.