The O'Connell Institute was initially an orphanage, run by the Catholic Women's League and financed in 1928 by a donation of James Patrick O'Connell, a maritime philanthopist who funded a number of such institutions across Canada. Later it became Our Lady of Charity training school for girls and then in 1966 the Mapleridge Residential Treatment Centre for Girls.
View of the front of the pallisade. Molsen House was a replica of a fur trade post which contained a small gallery of artifacts and photographs depicting Edmonton's History. There were rooms for community events hosted by Molson's Brewery.