Mostrar 11 resultados

Descrição arquivística
Town of Jasper Place fonds
Previsualizar a impressão Ver:

10 resultados com objetos digitais Mostrar resultados com objetos digitais

The Citizen

This series contains issues of The Citizen, an independent weekly newspaper serving the Town of Jasper Place.

The Suburban Times

This series contains issues of The Suburban Times, an independent weekly newspaper serving the Town of Jasper Place.

The Suburban Times

Census and Voter Enumeration

The Town Clerk and Treasurer was responsible for undertaking a census of residents and voter enumeration. The first census was done in April 1954, and periodically thereafter with the final one completed in April 1964.

This series consists of records created as a result of this work. The material contains voters lists, census enumeration, polling district maps, training aids, and a letter of employment the the 1962 Census Taker and Enumerator.

Financial Records

This series consists of records related to the financial administration of Jasper Place. Records include debentures, payroll information, and financial records created during the annexation process in 1964. Finances were under the jurisdiction of the Town's Secretary Treasurer; as such, monthly financial statements were included with the Council Minutes (RG-101 Series 6).

Council Minutes

This series consists of town council minutes for the Town of Jasper Place from the period of January 1950 to August 1964. It also contains committee reports, financial statements, and the results of various elections and plebiscites.

Tax Assessment Records

The assessment and collection of taxes for the provision of basic municipal services was done by the Town Assessor. This role was under the Secretary-Treasurer until at least 1958, though by 1962 the Assessor reported directly to Town Council. The Assessor completed a yearly survey of property owners and recorded the information in ledgers in order to set tax rates based on income.

This series consists of material related to the assessment of various municipal taxes. Each tax assessment sheet captures the name of the landholder and information pertaining to their income and property. The tax assessments were undertaken by neighborhood. A summary of assessment was created for the period of 1960-1964. The material has been placed in alphabetical order by neighborhood.

Jasper Place Recreation Commission

The Town of Jasper Place Recreation Commission was established in 1954 (Bylaw 117) to provide and supervise recreation facilities, such as playgrounds, athletic fields, and recreation centres, as well as activities on properties owned and operated by the Town. The Commission was composed of Town Councillors, representatives from local school boards, and appointees from the community. In later years, the Recreation Commission was led by a superintendent. This position was filled by Jack Boddington from June 10, 1960, until amalgamation, at which point the Recreation Commission ceased operations and its functions were subsumed into the City of Edmonton's Parks and Recreation Department.

This series consists of records created and collected by the Jasper Place Recreation Commission. It includes scrapbooks as well as administrative materials such as meeting minutes, correspondence with other organizations, staffing, and facility rentals and maintenance. The series also includes an event poster for the Jasper Place Sports Centre.

Fire Department

The creation of a Jasper Place Fire Department was approve by Town Council in January, 1950. While the Fire Department was being established, fire protection services were provided by the City of Edmonton. The Jasper Place Fire Department received their first fire engine in October of 1950, and responded to their first call the following month.

This series consists of committee minutes, memos, operating procedures, reports and financial records relating to the activities of the Town of Jasper Place Fire Department. It also includes records related to fires and fire alarms.

An order has been imposed on the material. The arrangement includes 2 subseries.
The series are as follows:

  • Subseries 1: Administrative Records
  • Subseries 2: Fire fighting Operations

Bylaws

The main legislative tool available to the Town of Jasper Place was the creation of bylaws. The municipality issued bylaws from it's incorporation as a Village in January 1950 until its amalgamation with the City of Edmonton in 1964.

Engineering Department

The Engineering Department was established in 1958 when the Department of Public Works and the Department of Public Utilities were amalgamated. The department was responsible for the construction and maintenance of Town infrastructure, such as streets, parks, and water and sewer lines, as well as for providing garbage collection and metre reading services. The Department was also tasked with building the Jasper Place Sports Centre. When the Town of Jasper Place amalgamated with the City of Edmonton, the Engineering Department was subsumed into the larger City Engineer's Department.

This series consists of records created and collected by the Jasper Place Engineering Department. It includes project reports, updates, finances, correspondence, police reports on damage to infrastructure, personnel, and blueprints. This series also includes a plaque for the First Street Paving Program.

Resultados 1 a 10 de 11