The Town of Jasper Place town council was the governing body of the municipality until its roles and functional responsibilities were assumed by the City of Edmonton after annexation in August 1964. The series consists of town council minutes for the Town of Jasper Place from the period of January 1950 to August 1964.
The Town of Jasper Place Tax Assessors were responsible for the assessment and collection of taxes for the provision of basic municipal services. In order to do so, the Assessors completed a yearly survey of property owners and recorded the information in ledgers in order to set tax rates based on income. The series consists of material related to the assessment of various municipal taxes. Each tax assessment sheet captures the name of the landholder and information pertaining to their income and property. The tax assessments were undertaken by neighborhood. A summary of assessment was created for the period of 1960-1964. The material has been placed in alphabetical order by neighborhood.
The Town of Jasper Place town council issued bylaws to regulate town citizens and businesses. The Town continued to issue bylaws until annexation by the City of Edmonton transferred this responsibility to the City Planning Department in 1964. The series consists of bylaws for the Town of Jasper Place from the period of January 1950 to August 1964.
The Town of Jasper Place Finance Department played an important role in the function of civic government since Jasper Place’s incorporation as a town in 1950. The series consists of records related to the financial administration of Jasper Place. Records include debentures, payroll information, and financial records created during the annexation process in 1964.