The fonds consists of administrative and operational records of The Council of Canadians of African and Caribbean Heritage. Such records include minutes, agendas, correspondence, project files, reports, and the first four editions of the Council’s newsletter, Black Voices.
The Interim Development Bylaw (Bylaw 1339) was passed in 1950. It was created to guide and regulate development in Edmonton until a General Plan and new zoning bylaw could be adopted. The bylaw created the Interim Development Appeal Board, which took appeals from any decision made by the Interim Development Officer, including related to zoning. The Board had seven members appointed by Council, and included a City Alderman, a member of the Alberta Association of Architects, a member of the Alberta Land Surveyors Association, a member of the Edmonton Real Estate Association, a member of the Association of Professional Engineers of Alberta, a member of the Law Society of Alberta, and a member at large. The Board endeavored to make decisions to best promote orderly, economical, and convenient development in conformity with the basic principles of the evolving General Plan. The Appeal Board could refer cases to the Architectural Panel or Technical Planning Board when more information was required, and decisions of the Board could be appealed further to the Provincial Planning Advisory Board.
The fonds consists of memorabilia of the Ross family, including a marriage announcement, certificates, a button, and newspaper clippings. Also included are the records of the Ross Brothers store, which consist of account and receipts books.
The fonds consists of the records of the Edmonton Club and includes minutes, correspondence, membership registers, maps, building plans, constitutions, rule books, reports, menus, acts of incorporation, and financial statements. The photographs consist of headshots of the Presidents of the Edmonton Club, as well as a few images of the Club’s annual general meetings and of the Imperial Bank of Canada both as it was being built and when it was completed in 1907. Large membership registers and bound guest books are also included.
The fonds consists of documents relating to the history of the Pollard Brickyard and John Walter logging operation in Walterdale. Also included is a photocopy of a notebook with a handwritten account of the history of the Bedard family and recipes compiled by Firmin Bedard. The photographs are of the Pollard brickyard and a family group photograph of the Pollards and Bedards.