Edmonton District Planning Commission
- CA EDM RG-17-17.19
- 1958 - 1969, 1991 - 1993
The Edmonton District Planning Commission was established in 1950 to manage urban growth in the Edmonton area. It was one of several district planning commissions established in the province that year. Composed of representatives from multiple municipalities around Edmonton, the Commission proposed plans to local and provincial governments and conducted studies and reports. The name was changed in August 1963 to the Edmonton Regional Planning Commission. In 1982, they became the Edmonton Regional Metropolitan Planning Commission and focused on a smaller, more centralized area. In 1994, the Commission was dissolved and the newly established Capital Region Forum assumed responsibility for planning in the Edmonton district.
The records in this series were kept for reference by the City of Edmonton, however the City was not the office of primary responsibility.