The fonds consists of three scrapbooks relating to HMCS Nonsuch activities from 1956 to 1962. Additional materials include 2 copies of a brief history of the unit written by the Rev. J.E. McGrane (Chaplain) in 1962 and the programme from the commissioning of the HMCS Nonsuch in September 1975.
The fonds consists of two photographs of Fort Walsh, a former fort of the North West Mounted Police (N.W.M.P.) located in Saskatchewan near the Canada/U.S. border. The first photograph is of the original fort in 1878. The second photograph is approximately the same view in the 1940s showing the reconstructed fort, with horses roaming in front. The fonds also includes a 1905 Driscoll’s Map of Edmonton, 2nd Edition (EAM-48).
The fonds consists of one photograph of the 1st Depot Battalion (Alberta). Depot Battalions were created in central locations across Canada to handle the training of the final allotments of recruits. The recruits received minimal training at the Depot Battalions and were then sent to reserve battalions in England where they received the rest of their training. The 1st Depot Battalion was formed in 1917 and 1918 to provide reinforcements for the 10th, 31st, 49th and 50th Battalions through the 21st Canadian Reserve Battalion. It is possible an ancestor or relative of Audrey Bourget is in the photo but this is not confirmed.
The fonds consists of a panorama photograph of the 3rd Canadian Mounted Rifles, ‘C’ Squadron from Edmonton. The 3rd Canadian Mounted Rifles was organized in December 1914 under the command of Lieut.-Col. F.O. Sissons and mobilized at Edmonton and Medicine Hat. The troops left Montreal in June 1914 aboard The Megantic and arrived in England in June 1915. By September the troops were in France. In January 1916 the troops were absorbed by the 1st and 2nd Battalions, Canadian Mounted Rifles. They were disbanded in December 1917. There are no Dale’s listed in the 3rd Canadian Mounted Rifles Nominal Roll. However, ‘Cruikshank’ is written on the back of the photo and Charles Cruikshank is listed in the nominal roll as the next of kin for Private David Ritchie Richardson of Edmonton, AB.
The fonds consists of a photograph of the Officers of the 49th Battalion, Edmonton Regiment taken one day after the armistice of WWI (November 11, 1918). The 49th Battalion, Edmonton Regiment, CEF, was authorized in November 1914 under the command of Lt. Col. W.A. Griesbach and embarked for England in June 1915. The troops went to France in October 1915, where they fought as part of the 7th Infantry Brigade, 3rd Canadian Division in France and Flanders until the end of the war. The battalion was disbanded September 1920.
The fonds consists of programmes, orders of service and booklets relating to the dairy industry, royalty, the Boer War and the First World War and women’s organizations. It also includes photographs of a land scrip certificate, members of the Lauder family, dairy groups and facilities, an Edmonton firehall and an Old Timers’ luncheon group.
This fonds consists of a bank book and deposit slips documenting the fund-raising for the Edmonton Cenotaph and copies of the programmes for the unveiling and re-dedication of the cenotaph. File List: File 1: Bank book and deposit slips File 2: Programmes - Unveiling of the Edmonton Cenotaph, August 13, 1936 (3 c.); Re-dedication of the Edmonton Cenotaph, August 26, 1946 (3 c.)
The fonds consists of photographs that reflect the involvement of John Chorley and Thomas Brown in the Canadian military and cover WWI and WWII time periods. The photographs pertaining to John Chorley are training and parade photos of the 51st Battalion, CEF, based out of Edmonton (1915) (EA-296-1 to EA-296-4). The photographs pertaining to Thomas G. Brown include group portraits of officers, sergeants and platoons of the 51st Battalion and Edmonton Fusiliers (EA-296-5 to EA-296-8, EB-42).