This fonds consists of agreements, brochures, correspondence, manuals, meeting minutes, newsletters, press clippings, media releases, and promotional material relating to the Business Development Department.
The fonds has been divided into five series. Wherever possible this division was done with respect to the original order of the fonds. These five series are as follows:
This fonds contains documents relating to the dismantling and demolition of the Alberta Hotel, which occupied the northeast corner of Jasper Avenue and 98th Street from 1903 to 1984. The fonds also contains a reconstruction document. Because part of the reconstruction documentation consisted of three binders of photographs, those binders have been photocopied for the fonds. The photocopied binders are cross referenced to the EA collection. The fonds also contains a set of architectural drawings. File List: File 1: Proposal to dismantle hotel, 1983. File 2: Tender documents for dismantling, 1983. File 3: Specifications for dismantling, 1983. File 4: Reconstruction document, 1985. File 5: Dismantling photos (copies), 1983, 1984. File 6: Dismantling photos (copies), 1984. File 7: Notes, 1983, 1984. File 8: Architectural Drawings & Floor Plans, . (o/s)
The fonds consists of a photograph of the Officers of the 49th Battalion, Edmonton Regiment taken one day after the armistice of WWI (November 11, 1918). The 49th Battalion, Edmonton Regiment, CEF, was authorized in November 1914 under the command of Lt. Col. W.A. Griesbach and embarked for England in June 1915. The troops went to France in October 1915, where they fought as part of the 7th Infantry Brigade, 3rd Canadian Division in France and Flanders until the end of the war. The battalion was disbanded September 1920.
The fonds consists of papers relating to Iain C. Taylor's participation in Action Edmonton, an inner city social action group (1974-1975), and the Urban Reform Group Edmonton, a civic political party (1975-1982). It also contains reports and studies on urban and rural planning issues.
This fonds consists of an oversize decorated marriage certificate with photographs for Lester Hadley, White Whale [Wabamun] Lake AB and Georgina Maria Riley, Filmore SK, June 27, 1907. The marriage occurred at Edmonton AB, officiated by J.H. Riddell, Principal, Alberta College. The photographs are portraits of Lester Hadley and Georgina Riley.