The fonds of materials created or collected by Edna Kells, including fiction and non-fiction manuscripts as well as notes and clippings pertaining to these manuscripts. There are numerous short manuscripts and two book size manuscripts; one a source book of early Alberta history and one entitled "Those Wonderful McDougall Women". Most of the material deals with the pioneer history of Alberta.
The fonds consists of brochures and pamphlets on the history and promotion of the Alberta All Girls Drum and Bugle Band, photocopies of newspaper clippings and correspondence of trips to Paris (1973) and Germany (World Cup Championship 1974), and the Edmonton Journal “The Canadian Magazine” (Feb 1975) with a feature article on the band.
The fonds consists of materials created or collected by Hazel McCuaig. It includes correspondence, a scrapbook collection containing news clippings on members of the Northern Alberta Pioneers' and Old Timers' Association and other prominent people and places in Alberta's history, brochures and programs relating to historical groups and cultural events in Edmonton and Strathcona. The photographs include the Rutherford home, Edmonton and district buildings, events, family members and friends as well as a military panorama (EA-82, EA-10-353, EA-10-2251). There are also maps and books on Edmonton and one watercolour drawing of McKay Avenue School (EAA-92-1).
The collection consists of two tickets from Edmonton’s first movie theatre, the Bijou Theatre (John Hazza – Manager). The Bijou Theatre, located at 10134 – 101 Street, opened around 1910. It was remodeled in 1938 with plans designed by the architectural firm Rule, Wynn, Rule and reopened at the Rialto Theatre. The Bijou theatre closed around 1987.
The fonds consists of hand painted cards with street scenes of Edmonton painted by Reg and sent to friends and family at Christmas. It also includes the notes sent with the card outlining details of the scenes and Reg’s memories of Edmonton. Cards and accompanying notes include:
98 St. Looking East Down Jasper Avenue (EAA-25-1),
Jasper Avenue Looking North and East, including Brighton Block, Kenmo Lodge, The Hub Hotel, Gem and Georgia Baths (EAA-25-2),
Jasper Avenue with the Hub Hotel and Georgia Baths (EA-25-3),
97th Street and Jasper Avenue, including Dreamland Theatre and Mite Block (EAA-25-4),
Edmonton’s 5 Way Intersection, including Alex Taylor school and the Checker Lunch (EAA-25-5),
Winter Snowfall 1942 (EAA-25-6),
C. Woodward Ltd. Building (EAA-25-7),
The Tegler Building (EAA-25-8),
The Gibson Block (EAA-25-9),
Metropolitan Stores (EAA-25-10) The accompanying notes are in MS-152, f. 1.
The photographs in this series depict theatrical productions put on by the Recreation Department and the Junior League of Edmonton. The program was called Theatre for Children, and most productions took place at Victoria Composite High School, though a few were also held at the Jubilee Auditorium. In the 1960s the program expanded to include The Playground Players, which offered outdoor theatrical productions in the community. This series includes photographs of most of the productions undertaken from 1954 until 1966, when the Junior League handed the program over to the Junior Arts Council. The series also includes photographs of dance workshops for children and a concert held at Borden Park.