This fonds consists of an original letter written in 1894 by John William Clutton to a friend in England, who had shipped a potato-tilling plough to Mr. Clutton. The letter recounts pioneer life and farming in the Beaumont area. It includes references to ‘Gough’, a young man whom Clutton had recruited from England for help and Sandy Lake. There are also 2 typed transcripts of the original letter.
The collection consists of records accumulated by Alfred Bramley-Moore including a Northern Alberta Land Registration District Duplicate Certificate of Title belonging to Jonathan Hoffman, 1898, the Canadian Expeditionary Force, Divisional Cavalry - 19th Alberta Dragoons Roll of Officers, 1915 and an obituary of John J. Thompson, 1959.
The fonds consists of research materials collected or created by Gilda Rath. The records generally relates to three themes: excerpts from the Edmonton Bulletin 1880-1882, and the Saskatchewan Herald, 1879-1882; the story of the Lamoureux family from their origins in Quebec to their settlement in the Edmonton district; and translations of correspondence from the Oblate Archives relating to members of the order and to the history of the Edmonton area. Also included is information on First Nations, Metis, steamboat transportation on the North Saskatchewan, and notes and excerpts from other sources. The research material appears to have been accumulated for a book on the history of French settlement in North America and the Canadian northwest, focusing on the Lamoureux family. A partial typescript of this work is included in the fonds. Some of the notes are transcripts from tape recordings, but the original tapes are not present.
This fonds consists of a bank book and deposit slips documenting the fund-raising for the Edmonton Cenotaph and copies of the programmes for the unveiling and re-dedication of the cenotaph. File List: File 1: Bank book and deposit slips File 2: Programmes - Unveiling of the Edmonton Cenotaph, August 13, 1936 (3 c.); Re-dedication of the Edmonton Cenotaph, August 26, 1946 (3 c.)
This fonds contains copies of photos donated by the Edmonton Public Library, as well as reports written by the Edmonton Public Library, and early architectural drawings of the proposed Civic Centre. It has been divided into the following three series:
Series 1: Photographs
Series 2: Reports
Series 3: Morrell & Nichols Proposed Civic Centre Drawings
The fonds consists of records relating to the Urban Reform Group of Edmonton (URGE), including production of a 1978 historical calendar, Board minutes, reports and correspondence. It also contains records relating to the Society for the Protection of Architectural Resources in Edmonton (SPARE) and personal correspondence. The photographs consist mostly of buildings and street scenes in Edmonton and Toronto, ca. 1980, taken as part of research into heritage buildings for SPARE. They include the Ross Brothers and Brighton Block in Edmonton, and the St. Lawrence Market and Gooderham Building (flatiron) in Toronto (EA-560). One photograph is a portrait of Elly De Jongh used for an Edmonton Historical Board award in 1984. The artwork consists of an ink drawing of Primrose House, 1979, as part of research on heritage buildings for SPARE (EAA-113).
The fonds consists of records sent from the Prince of Wales Northern Heritage Centre to the City of Edmonton Archives. The photographs include various buildings and street scenes in Strathcona (1910) and an aerial view of the University of Alberta area (1920). File List: File 1: promotional brochure – Strathcona, Alberta, Canada – The Railway, Industrial and Educational Centre of the Province, by Strathcona and District Board of Trade, 1910. File 2: air mail envelope – The King Edward Hotel, Edmonton, File 3: pamphlets – North West Tent & Awning Company Catalogue [ca. 1940], North West Tent & Awning Company Price List, 1940. File 4: typed manuscript – History Of The Edmonton Airport, n.d. (photocopy), nb – no author identified