Showing 9 resultsArchival description
7 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
- CA EDM RG-15-1
- 1975 - 1983, predominant 1978 - 1983
This series contains records created by Paul Norris while serving as an Alderman in the City of Edmonton. The majority of the records are alphabetical subject files of correspondence and council inquiries. There are also several boxes of correspondence with his constituents arranged chronologically. Some issues included in the constituents' correspondence also appear in the subject files.
- CA EDM RG-15-7
- 1959, 1969 - 1983
This series consists of the papers of Alderman Ed Leger, who served on the Edmonton City Council from 1958 to 1986. The majority of the material originates from after the 1977 municipal election. The records consist of material sent to Leger in his role as alderman, as well as in his roles in various committees and boards in which he participated as a representative of the City Council.
Leger, Edmund Hugh
- CA EDM RG-15-6
- 1972 - 1983
This series contains records collected and created by Ken Newman while serving as a City of Edmonton Alderman. The material has been divided into the following subseries:
- Subseries 1: Economic Affairs Committee
- Subseries 2: Taxi Cab Commission
- Subseries 3: Audit Committee
- Subseries 4: Correspondence
- Subseries 5: Aldermanic Information Sessions
- Subseries 6: Other Council Business
- CA EDM RG-15-8
This series consists of records related to the proposed privatization of ED Tel in 1994. The records include correspondence, a memorandum, presentations, proposals, and notes relating to different options. The material was used by Allan Bolstad in his capacity as a City Councillor.
The Edmonton Telephones Corporation (ED Tel) was created in 1990 as a result of the provincial Telecommunications Act, which allowed municipalities to provide telecommunications services and products through a wholly-owned subsidiary corporation, but not through a City department. In early 1994 the outgoing ED Tel President publicly raised the idea of selling the utility. Ultimately the Edmonton Telephones Corporation was sold to Telus on March 10, 1995 for $470,221,872.
- CA EDM RG-15-4
- 1978 - 2006, predominant 1996 - 2006
This series contains reports created by, or submitted to, Edmonton City Council.
- File 1: Members of Parliament/Edmonton City Council/City Commissioners meeting (1978-January)
- File 2: Submission on Clarke Stadium Expansion Proposal. Sumitted by McCauley Community League via Ron Hayter (1988)
- File 3: Edmonton . . . the smart city : City Council's vision for economic prosperity (ca. 1996)
- File 4: Edmonton's infrastructure strategy: presented to City Council June 2, 1998 (June 1998)
- File 5: City Council's vision for social well-being and quality of life (2000)
- File 6: City of Edmonton Members of Council Remuneration and Benefits Review (made public as part of the February 1, 2000 City Council Meeting agenda) (2000)
- File 7: A gathering of energy: The voice of Edmonton's next generation. Report of the Next Generation Task Force to Edmonton City Council (June 2006)
- GP-134-1982-vol. 17-no. 2: Edmonton report on business and travel development. Created by Business Development Department (May 1982)
- CA EDM RG-15-2
This series contains a set of two commemorative coasters presented to Alderman Lillian Staroszik on the occasion of the official opening of the Genesee Generating Station October 10, 1989.
- CA EDM RG-15-3
- 1970-1984, predominant 1970-1974
This series contains records created by or collected by the Office of the Aldermen and the Office of the Councilors which were not generated by a particular member of council. The records are believed to have been created by staff in the office, or collected as reference material to assist Aldermen and Councilors in fulfilling their duties.
The material includes agreements, reports, bylaws, correspondence, and submissions from the community concerning the general transportation plan.