- CA EDM RG-101-1
- 1906 - 1972; predominant 1952 - 1964
Part of Town of Jasper Place fonds
The Engineering Department was established in 1958 when the Department of Public Works and the Department of Public Utilities were amalgamated. The department was responsible for the construction and maintenance of Town infrastructure, such as streets, parks, and water and sewer lines, as well as for providing garbage collection and metre reading services. The Department was also tasked with building the Jasper Place Sports Centre. When the Town of Jasper Place amalgamated with the City of Edmonton, the Engineering Department was subsumed into the larger City Engineer's Department.
This series consists of records created and collected by the Jasper Place Engineering Department. It includes project reports, updates, finances, correspondence, police reports on damage to infrastructure, personnel, and blueprints. This series also includes a plaque for the First Street Paving Program.