Affichage de 4357 résultats

Description archivistique
City of Edmonton. Parks and Recreation Department fonds
Options de recherche avancée
Aperçu avant impression Affichage :

4350 résultats avec objets numériques Afficher les résultats avec des objets numériques

Edmonton Post Office - Clock Tower

101 Street and 100 Avenue.
On this site stood the old Edmonton Post Office. When completed in 1910 it constituted the most impressive feature on the City's developing sky-line. It was built of white stone from Tyndall, Manitoba, pressed brick trimmings and copper sheeted mansard roof.
The clock tower rose 40 metres above the ground and remained a familiar Edmonton landmark until it was dismantled and the building demolished in 1972.

Edmonton Post Office - Plaque

101 Street and 100 Avenue.
On this site stood the old Edmonton Post Office. When completed in 1910 it constituted the most impressive feature on the City's developing sky-line. It was built of white stone from Tyndall, Manitoba, pressed brick trimmings and copper sheeted mansard roof.
The clock tower rose 40 metres above the ground and remained a familiar Edmonton landmark until it was dismantled and the building demolished in 1972.

Edmonton Post Office - Plaque Stand

101 Street and 100 Avenue.
On this site stood the old Edmonton Post Office. When completed in 1910 it constituted the most impressive feature on the City's developing sky-line. It was built of white stone from Tyndall, Manitoba, pressed brick trimmings and copper sheeted mansard roof.
The clock tower rose 40 metres above the ground and remained a familiar Edmonton landmark until it was dismantled and the building demolished in 1972.

Fathers of Confederation Mural

Hotel Macdonald, Confederation Lounge.
This historic painting depicts the gathering of the Fathers of Confederation at the Quebec Conference in 1864. The original, painted by Robert Harris in 1883-4 was destroyed in 1916 by a fire at the Parliament Buildings in Ottawa. Fortunately, this copy had been painted in 1914 by Frederick S. Challener, a reputed mural painter. It was hung in the new Macdonald Hotel in 1915. Mr. Challener painted a second, larger copy between 1917 and 1919, which now hangs in the Legislature Building, Queen's Park, Toronto.

Fathers of Confederation Mural

Hotel Macdonald, Confederation Lounge.
This historic painting depicts the gathering of the Fathers of Confederation at the Quebec Conference in 1864. The original, painted by Robert Harris in 1883-4 was destroyed in 1916 by a fire at the Parliament Buildings in Ottawa. Fortunately, this copy had been painted in 1914 by Frederick S. Challener, a reputed mural painter. It was hung in the new Macdonald Hotel in 1915. Mr. Challener painted a second, larger copy between 1917 and 1919, which now hangs in the Legislature Building, Queen's Park, Toronto.

First Anglican Church

10035 - 103 Street.
All Saints' Cathedral.
In 1875 the Anglican Church first held regular services in a loaned cabin located just outside the walls of Fort Edmonton. One year later Canon Newton was forced to vacate this cabin. Malcolm Groat then offered nine acres of land on which a church could be built. Subsequently, a log structure was built near what is now 121st Street and Jasper Avenue. Due to the ever increasing size of the congregation, a final move to 103rd Street near Jasper Avenue was made in 1895. Since that time, numerous demolitions, additions, and new constructions have taken place. The present fine structure, All Saints' Cathedral was dedicated on May 10, 1956.

First Anglican Church

10035 - 103 Street.
All Saints' Cathedral.
In 1875 the Anglican Church first held regular services in a loaned cabin located just outside the walls of Fort Edmonton. One year later Canon Newton was forced to vacate this cabin. Malcolm Groat then offered nine acres of land on which a church could be built. Subsequently, a log structure was built near what is now 121st Street and Jasper Avenue. Due to the ever increasing size of the congregation, a final move to 103rd Street near Jasper Avenue was made in 1895. Since that time, numerous demolitions, additions, and new constructions have taken place. The present fine structure, All Saints' Cathedral was dedicated on May 10, 1956.

Résultats 61 à 70 sur 4357