The fonds consists of programs and brochures relating to the opening of Grace Martin School, as well as a biographical sketch of Grace Martin McEachern. The photographs include the Martin farm where Grace grew up, Strathcona teachers including David McEachern and the Strathcona fire brigade.
The fonds consists of photographs of the Mawhinney family, sports teams the Mawhinney’s were part of, the family home in Rossdale, the Arctic Ice Company, the Ross Flats clubhouse, the North Saskatchewan River, and damage from the 1915 flood.
The fonds consists of family and homesteading records belonging to Johan A. Siden. The family correspondence includes letters to “Dad” (from Tony), “Mom and Dad” (from Nora, includes references to brother Tony and husband Bill), “Mr & Mrs Siden” (from Mary and Carl, with references to Nora and Bill, Fritz and Edmond), and “Sir” (from Edmond). There is also an invoice from Dr. Peter Farney & Sons, Co., Chicago, and an advertising card for ‘Davis & Lawrence Asparagus Kidney Pills’. The homesteading documents relate to obtaining entry for homesteading, record of road work in lieu of taxes, requests for information from the Dominion Bureau of Statistics including agricultural surveys (Survey of Crops and Live Stock June 1944; Live Stock and Poultry Survey, December 1944), receipt for medications, record of special grant payment.
The fonds consists of records relating to the Urban Reform Group of Edmonton (URGE), including production of a 1978 historical calendar, Board minutes, reports and correspondence. It also contains records relating to the Society for the Protection of Architectural Resources in Edmonton (SPARE) and personal correspondence. The photographs consist mostly of buildings and street scenes in Edmonton and Toronto, ca. 1980, taken as part of research into heritage buildings for SPARE. They include the Ross Brothers and Brighton Block in Edmonton, and the St. Lawrence Market and Gooderham Building (flatiron) in Toronto (EA-560). One photograph is a portrait of Elly De Jongh used for an Edmonton Historical Board award in 1984. The artwork consists of an ink drawing of Primrose House, 1979, as part of research on heritage buildings for SPARE (EAA-113).