Print preview Close

Showing 49203 results

Archivistische beschrijving
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

48587 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Alberta Hotel collection

  • CA EDM MS-159
  • Collectie
  • [ca. 1910]

The collection consists of items from, or advertising, the Alberta Hotel.
File 1:

  • Alberta Hotel advertisement on ribbon featuring a list of hotel rules and schedules as well as advertisements for Edmonton businesses [ca. 1910] (see MS O/S - map cabinet).
  • Alberta Hotel envelope, addressed to ‘Alec Cote, City’.

Alberta Hotel

Group from Fort Saskatchewan

  • From L to R: Amelia Ann Montgomery, George Thomas Montgomery (Mayor of Fort Saskatchewan 1931-1934), Mr. & Mrs. King Powell.
  • Names: King Powell, Mr.; King Powell, Mrs.; Montgomery, Amelia Ann; Montgomery, George Thomas;

Indian Children

Full length studio portrait of two Indigenous children from [Morley] Alberta, dressed in traditional clothing and headdresses.

Indian Chief

An image of an Indigenous man from [Morley], Alberta wearing a headdress in a studio portrait setting.

Peter Anderson fonds

  • CA EDM MS-218
  • Archief
  • 1899-1941, predominantly 1914-1916.

This fonds consists of a menu card, a manuscript account of Peter Anderson’s escape from a prisoner-of-war camp in Germany during World War I; a letter written from the Bischofswerda camp to his son, Bert; humorous regimental orders and a uniform button for the 101st Edmonton Fusiliers (9th Battalion, Canadian Expeditionary Force).
The photographs include Peter Anderson and family, Peter Anderson in military uniform and Sandison’s Brickyard.

Anderson, Peter

Sandison's Brickyard

On verso: 'The hills in the background would [be] between 116th Street and 120th St.; now 100 Ave. runs along the top. In the foreground is a kiln with fire boxes all along which is a common brick kiln. The part you see is made of fire brick and is permanent. The bricks are dried and built up inside this kilm in a pattern to let the air circulate freely to fire the bricks evenly. When they were build up about 20 ft., the outside was plastered with thick mud and cord wood was used to fire them, 24 hours a day. The round kilns were permanent and pressed brick were put in them in a patter so as the air circulated around evenly and slack coal was used for firing the kilns. If it got too hot the brick would melt together and were at first thrown away, later used at Trinity Church'. Likely written in 1972.

Resultaten 51 tot 60 van 49203