The fonds consists of programmes, orders of service and booklets relating to the dairy industry, royalty, the Boer War and the First World War and women’s organizations. It also includes photographs of a land scrip certificate, members of the Lauder family, dairy groups and facilities, an Edmonton firehall and an Old Timers’ luncheon group.
The fonds consists of a collection of historical sketches on the Riverdale area created by Amos Skinner. It includes lists of street names in Riverdale and of Principals at Riverdale School. The records include references to Mr. D.B. Fraser, Fraser’s Mill and Mr. J.B. Little. The community of Riverdale is located along the North Saskatchewan River. Settlers arriving in the 1880s were quick to develop this large flat area, which was just one mile downstream from Fort Edmonton. One of the first arrivals was Daniel Robert Fraser, who started a flour and sawmill in the flats in 1881. The area became known as Fraser Flats until the community changed the name to Riverdale in 1910.