Mostrando 4354 resultados

Descripción archivística
City of Edmonton. Parks and Recreation Department fonds
Opciones avanzadas de búsqueda
Imprimir vista previa Ver :

4347 resultados con objetos digitales Muestra los resultados con objetos digitales

Armstrong Block

10125 - 104 Street. This 1912 structure is one of the city's finest remaining examples of commercial style architecture. It is significant because of its association with the early development of Edmonton's warehouse district, an area that accommodated the city's industrial and warehousing commerce. The Armstrong Block is one of a collection of surviving, important warehouse buildings that attest to Edmonton's rapid expansion prior to World War I. The uniqueness of this building is the combination of residential, warehouse and commercial uses, the same functions that it has served since its construction.
The Armstrong Block is also noted for its architecture, a prominent example of Edwardian-era combination of commercial and residential functions. The basement and first floor served wholesale businesses; offices were located on the second floor while the third and fourth floors housed residential units.
The Armstrong was the only building in the warehouse district to be constructed with brick and steel throughout, unusual at the time. Designer David Hardie included such architectural details as projecting brick pilasters, cast stone detailing, arched lintel, pressed metal cornices and an elevated front stone parapet with cast stone "A" insignia.
The building was fully restored in 2004.

George Durrand Residence

10417 Saskatchewan Drive.
The Durrand Residence is valued for its association with the Durrand family, who were representative of the type of entrepreneurial and professional families that began to populate the city of Strathcona early in the twentieth century. The house was later home to Harold Gould Macdonald, a noted Edmontonian and founder of the H.G. Macdonald Company of contractors that has grown into the well-recognized firm of Christensen and Macdonald. He lived in the house until 1923.

George Durrand Residence - SE

10417 Saskatchewan Drive.
The Durrand Residence is valued for its association with the Durrand family, who were representative of the type of entrepreneurial and professional families that began to populate the city of Strathcona early in the twentieth century. The house was later home to Harold Gould Macdonald, a noted Edmontonian and founder of the H.G. Macdonald Company of contractors that has grown into the well-recognized firm of Christensen and Macdonald. He lived in the house until 1923.

Edmonton 1881 School

10425 - 99 Avenue.
Edmonton's First Public School.
Created in 1881 by public subscription and built on this site which was donated by the Hudson's Bay Company, Edmonton's first public school was later replaced by the long lasting McKay Avenue School where Alberta's first legislature met in 1906.

Edmonton 1881 School

10425 - 99 Avenue.
Edmonton's First Public School.
Created in 1881 by public subscription and built on this site which was donated by the Hudson's Bay Company, Edmonton's first public school was later replaced by the long lasting McKay Avenue School where Alberta's first legislature met in 1906.

Edmonton 1881 School - N

10425 - 99 Avenue.
Edmonton's First Public School.
Created in 1881 by public subscription and built on this site which was donated by the Hudson's Bay Company, Edmonton's first public school was later replaced by the long lasting McKay Avenue School where Alberta's first legislature met in 1906.

Resultados 41 a 50 de 4354