Imprimir vista previa Cerrar

Mostrando 35594 resultados

Descripción archivística
Imprimir vista previa Ver :

35301 resultados con objetos digitales Muestra los resultados con objetos digitales

Administrative Records

Series consists of reports, correspondence, and speeches relating to the various functions performed by the Analytical Services, Computer Systems, Computer Operations branches of the Management Services Department.

Analytical Services Branch; Computer Systems Branch; Computer Operations Branch

Hollingworth Photographs

This series consists of photographs taken by Hubert Hollingworth. The images document life in Edmonton during the first half of the twentieth century, including portraits, street scenes, buildings, events and activities.

Harry Ainlay

The series consists of permits issued by the Mayor's Office, speeches, greetings, proclamations, and correspondence.

File list:

  • File 1: Licenses: Permits issued from the Mayor's Office (December 1945 - May 1949)
  • File 2: Speeches: Speeches, greetings, proclamations (November 1945 - February 1947)
  • File 3: Speeches: Speeches, greetings, proclamations (March - September 1947)
  • File 4: Speeches: Speeches, greetings, proclamations (October 1947 -April 1948)
  • File 5: Correspondence: greetings, letters of gratitude, correspondence (January -July 1948)

Ainlay, Harry

Meter Services

Meters were used to account for the amount of electricity used, and money owed, to the City. The meters were originally installed, read, and maintained by the Electric Light and Power Department. To save time and money, the meters were read by the Meter Reading Section of the Electric Light and Power Department, which then charged the Waterworks Department a fee for the service. In 1934 a Billing Section was established, which existed outside of the department and worked for both the Electric Light and Power Department and the Water Works Department. By 1950 its responsibilities included: meter reading, customer billing, consumer accounts receivable, bill delivery, rate and consumption statistics, receipt of applications, and customer complaints and adjustments regarding charges and consumption.

This series contains records which reflect the work performed by City employees relating to the installation, recording, maintenance, and removal of electricity meters.

File list File 1: Meter Book (1906) File 2: Meter Record Book (n.d.) File 3: Service Request and Meter Removal Order, Delton Hardware (1913-1919) File 4: Record Book: work, maintenance, etc. (ca. 1931-1951)

Richard Henry Secord

The series consists of Richard Henry Secord’s daily journals, including event and financial notes, 1891-1928 (incomplete), and account books relating to various business activities, 1890-1919 (incomplete), and correspondence and other documents relating to his life activities and involvements. Some daily journals contain entries written by Richard’s wife, Annie York Secord

Secord, Richard Henry

Administrative Records

This series consists of council and committee minutes, voters lists, cemetery records, and bylaws created by the Town of Beverly.

Minutes

This series contains the council minutes from the Village of West Edmonton.
*File 1: Council Minutes, 1910-1917

Administration

This series consists of administrative records such as minutes, correspondence, reports, administrative memos and directives, financial records (including grant programs), publicity and departmental scrapbooks, and personnel records.

This series contains the following sub series:

  • Subseries 1.1: Meeting Minutes
  • Subseries 1.2: Correspondence
  • Subseries 1.3: Reports
  • Subseries 1.4: Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
  • Subseries 1.5: Finance
  • Subseries 1.6: Media Coverage and Scrapbooks
  • Subseries 1.7: Personnel

Cemeteries

This sub-series consists of minutes, reports, correspondence, burial ledgers, monument and burial applications, agreements, and other records relating to the various functions performed by cemeteries operated by the City of Edmonton.

Most early cemeteries in Edmonton were private or created by religious organizations. It was not until 1914 that the City established Beechmount Cemetery as the first municipal graveyard. At this time there were three other private cemeteries operating within Edmonton's city limits, including Edmonton Cemetery, Mount Pleasant Cemetery, and Little Mountain Cemetery.

The Edmonton Cemetery Company was formed in 1886 and received a charter in the same year. It was a limited stock company with no dividends issued to stockholders. The Board of Directors consisted of many of the city's prominent men including Matt McCauley, Alex Taylor, George D. K. Kinnaird. The company acquired land from the Hudson's Bay reserve and established the grave yard south of 107th Avenue between 117th and 119th Streets. Later acquisitions expanded the grounds west and northward. In 1922 a large expansion to the west included a large reserve for a military field of honor around a Cross of Sacrifice, similar to those found in Europe, erected by the Veterans War Graves Commission. In 1932 a neo-classical Mausoleum was built on the north side of 107th Avenue. By the 1960s issues of financial viability and the need for perpetual care prompted the company to initiate negotiations to surrender their charter to the city. The transfer occurred in 1965.

Mount Pleasant Cemetery was a private burial ground in Strathcona. The first burials were in the 1890s, with the earliest marker showing 1893. The Strathcona Cemetery Company formed in 1900 to administer the cemetery. The City of Edmonton took over operation of this cemetery in 1941.

Little Mountain Cemetery was formed in 1895 as a church graveyard. Land was donated to Little Mountain Cemetery Company in 1900 and it became a public burial ground. After decades of financial struggle, the records were transferred to the City in 1981, and the City took the cemetery over in 1985.

As time progressed the City required more land for cemeteries. In 1972 the City purchased land off St. Albert Trail north of 137 Avenue. It was officially named Sturgeon Heights Memorial Park in 1986, then renamed Northern Lights Memorial Park in 1987. The first burial there occurred in 1989. In 1985 a piece of City owned land was chosen for the site of a future cemetery. It was officially named South Haven Cemetery in 1987 and opened the following year.

The most recent cemetery to come under the City's control is Clover Bar Cemetery, which was established in 1901 behind the Clover Bar Church. Homesteader W.H. Wilkinson donated his land for the cemetery and he and nine other local residents formed a cemetery company. The City of Edmonton took over the running of this cemetery in 1995.

The Health Department was responsible for cemetery operations from 1914 until 1929, at which time responsibility was transferred to the Engineering Department. In 1947 the newly created Parks Department took control. The Parks Department evolved to become the Parks and Recreation Department in 1962, and later the Community Services Department in 1997.

John Kenneth Macdonald & Therese Fraser Holland

The series consists of records pertaining to John Kenneth & Therese Fraser Macdonald. They include programmes of early Edmonton theatre productions, correspondence, news clippings and photographs. All of the programmes include John Kenneth Macdonald in the cast.

File List
File 1: Personal papers

  • New Year's card (from Mother), Christmas 1887,
  • playbill 'Confusion', Opera House, May 6-7, ?,
  • programme 'The Edmonton Komikal Koons', Robertson's Hall, May 26, 1896,
  • playbill 'Betsy', La Cigale Comedy Company, n.d.,
  • playbill 'My Friend From India', [Edmonton Amateur Dramatic Club], Ross Hall, Strathcona, [July 12, 1900]
  • play reviews for 'My Friend In India', Alberta Sun, July 9, [sic, 10?] 1900, Edmonton Post, [July 11, 1900], Strathcona Plaindealer, July 13, 1900
  • playbill 'The Wedding March', Robertson Hall, n.d. (John Kenneth Macdonald in cast),
  • List of barristers in Alberta admitted prior to 1905, n.d. (includes John Kenneth Macdonald),
  • newspaper article, 'Through The Yellowhead To The End of Steel and Beyond' by John Kenneth Macdonald, Edmonton Bulletin, Aug. 26, 1911, pp. 9-10. (o/s folder in map cabinet)
  • marriage announcement, Therese Fraser Holland and John Kenneth Macdonald, 1 Jan 1912,
  • retirement as Deputy Attorney General, ca. 1907,
  • typescript story, 'Tige' by J.K.M., n.d.,

Macdonald, Holland Family

Resultados 31 a 40 de 35594