The fonds consists of records created by Hooks Signs Ltd. of Edmonton. The textural records (1912-1949, predominantly 1912-1919) include 9 invoice books from 21 Oct 1912 to 31 Oct 1919 and 2 Sep 1947 to 31 Jan 1949, as well as Hook Signs labels, certificates, Licenses, administrative records, and materials for an anniversary book. The photographs (1920-1980) include images of the billboards and signs created by Hook Signs. There are also various street scenes and intersections in Edmonton, with a blank billboard sign in the background. These were used to show advertising opportunities to potential clients.
The fonds consists of photographs including the Grave’s house at 295 – 105 St., where Maria Scragg and John Stirling were married in 1907, the home of Maria and John Roxburgh, and the Chisholm Block fire. The fonds also includes two books, ‘The George McDougall Museum and Shrine: The Little Church at the City’s Heart’ (287.9 MCD 1946), and ‘Rundle in Alberta 1840-1848’ (922.77 RUN).
The collection consists of records donated by the Oblate Archives as the records better serve the mandate of the City of Edmonton Archives. It consists of photographs of early Edmonton, including Fort Edmonton, the North Saskatchewan River and John Walter’s Mill.
This fonds consists of photographs of Edmonton and Alberta from the late 1800s and early 1900s from various well-known photographers, including Ernest Brown, C.W. Mathers, and others that were collected by the donor. The photographs include images of Legislators visiting towns in southwestern Alberta, as well as street scenes, businesses, and buildings in Edmonton.
The fonds also includes photographs taken by Bryce Van Dusen at his store, Acme Novelty Ltd., and during a tour of Churchill, Manitoba.
This fonds consists of a bank book and deposit slips documenting the fund-raising for the Edmonton Cenotaph and copies of the programmes for the unveiling and re-dedication of the cenotaph. File List: File 1: Bank book and deposit slips File 2: Programmes - Unveiling of the Edmonton Cenotaph, August 13, 1936 (3 c.); Re-dedication of the Edmonton Cenotaph, August 26, 1946 (3 c.)