The fonds consists of textual records, historical documents, photographs, paintings and maps gathered by NAPOTA in support of the association’s goal of preserving the history of Edmonton. The fonds also includes the records of the association including minutes, membership records, correspondence, financial documents and news clippings. The fonds is arranged as follows:
Correspondence files 1926, 1928-1929 . a. Alphabetical file series . b. Correspondence files
Topical files 1887-2009 . a. Alphabetical file series . b. Correspondence files
Newspapers and Clippings
Northern Alberta Pioneers and Old Timers' Association
The fonds consists of textual records and photographs created or collected by Hubert A. Hollingworth. The textual records include photography booklets and catalogues, various souvenir programs, a post card album, high school newsletters, published works, maps, and newspaper clippings relating to Edmonton's history, and a memorial of Frank Hollingworth and his work with early radio.
The photograph records are divided into two series: Series 1 – Hollingworth Photographs. Series 2 – Glass Slide Photographs.
The fonds consists of records created by Hooks Signs Ltd. of Edmonton. The textural records (1912-1949, predominantly 1912-1919) include 9 invoice books from 21 Oct 1912 to 31 Oct 1919 and 2 Sep 1947 to 31 Jan 1949, as well as Hook Signs labels, certificates, Licenses, administrative records, and materials for an anniversary book. The photographs (1920-1980) include images of the billboards and signs created by Hook Signs. There are also various street scenes and intersections in Edmonton, with a blank billboard sign in the background. These were used to show advertising opportunities to potential clients.
The fonds consists of photographs including the Grave’s house at 295 – 105 St., where Maria Scragg and John Stirling were married in 1907, the home of Maria and John Roxburgh, and the Chisholm Block fire. The fonds also includes two books, ‘The George McDougall Museum and Shrine: The Little Church at the City’s Heart’ (287.9 MCD 1946), and ‘Rundle in Alberta 1840-1848’ (922.77 RUN).
The collection consists of records donated by the Oblate Archives as the records better serve the mandate of the City of Edmonton Archives. It consists of photographs of early Edmonton, including Fort Edmonton, the North Saskatchewan River and John Walter’s Mill.
This fonds consists of photographs of Edmonton and Alberta from the late 1800s and early 1900s from various well-known photographers, including Ernest Brown, C.W. Mathers, and others that were collected by the donor. The photographs include images of Legislators visiting towns in southwestern Alberta, as well as street scenes, businesses, and buildings in Edmonton.
The fonds also includes photographs taken by Bryce Van Dusen at his store, Acme Novelty Ltd., and during a tour of Churchill, Manitoba.