The fonds consists of records created by Hooks Signs Ltd. of Edmonton. The textural records (1912-1949, predominantly 1912-1919) include 9 invoice books from 21 Oct 1912 to 31 Oct 1919 and 2 Sep 1947 to 31 Jan 1949, as well as Hook Signs labels, certificates, Licenses, administrative records, and materials for an anniversary book. The photographs (1920-1980) include images of the billboards and signs created by Hook Signs. There are also various street scenes and intersections in Edmonton, with a blank billboard sign in the background. These were used to show advertising opportunities to potential clients.
The fonds consists of textual records and photographs created or collected by Hubert A. Hollingworth. The textual records include photography booklets and catalogues, various souvenir programs, a post card album, high school newsletters, published works, maps, and newspaper clippings relating to Edmonton's history, and a memorial of Frank Hollingworth and his work with early radio.
The photograph records are divided into two series: Series 1 – Hollingworth Photographs. Series 2 – Glass Slide Photographs.
The fonds consists of a photograph album created by the William and Beata Humberstone. The photographs include the Humberstone mine, farm, family and friends. There is also a one-page family tree in the back of the album.
The fonds consists of pamphlets and textual material that John had collected on public art. The photographs cover places of worship, public art, bridges, public buildings, shopping centres, streetscapes and the demolition of several buildings in Edmonton and area.
The fonds consists of photographs including the Grave’s house at 295 – 105 St., where Maria Scragg and John Stirling were married in 1907, the home of Maria and John Roxburgh, and the Chisholm Block fire. The fonds also includes two books, ‘The George McDougall Museum and Shrine: The Little Church at the City’s Heart’ (287.9 MCD 1946), and ‘Rundle in Alberta 1840-1848’ (922.77 RUN).
The collection consists of records created or collected by various departments of the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology. The textual records include reports prepared by students enrolled in the Architecture Department in conjunction with the English Department and created in 1969. Each report contains technical and historical information on a different building of architectural significance in Edmonton. There are 28 reports in total and include commercial, educational, religious, public and industrial buildings. The photographs include the Edmonton Monarchs hockey teams [ca. 1960 and 1970].