This series consists of photographs which mostly depict residential and commercial buildings, but there are also photos of individuals, events, civic infrastructure and facilities, and proposed developments. There are also maps and architectural drawings which are predominantly associated with plans for development and construction.
The fonds consists of programmes, orders of service and booklets relating to the dairy industry, royalty, the Boer War and the First World War and women’s organizations. It also includes photographs of a land scrip certificate, members of the Lauder family, dairy groups and facilities, an Edmonton firehall and an Old Timers’ luncheon group.
The fonds consists of records of the Edmonton Zoological Society including correspondence, financial statements, and minutes of meetings. File List: File 1. Correspondence – general. Includes list of officers and directors. 1960-1973 File 2. Correspondence – Edmonton Zoo Advisory Board. Includes news clippings. 1966-1969 File 3. Financial statements. 1961-1967 File 4. Financial records. 1962-1970 File 5. Cheque stubs, deposit slips. 1961-1966
The fonds consists of a collection of historical sketches on the Riverdale area created by Amos Skinner. It includes lists of street names in Riverdale and of Principals at Riverdale School. The records include references to Mr. D.B. Fraser, Fraser’s Mill and Mr. J.B. Little. The community of Riverdale is located along the North Saskatchewan River. Settlers arriving in the 1880s were quick to develop this large flat area, which was just one mile downstream from Fort Edmonton. One of the first arrivals was Daniel Robert Fraser, who started a flour and sawmill in the flats in 1881. The area became known as Fraser Flats until the community changed the name to Riverdale in 1910.
This fonds consists of a copy of Canadian Florist, Aug. 16, 1958, containing an article on Walter Ramsay, “Alberta pioneer florist”, by Rene Hobbins, p. 8. The photograph is of the Ramsay home and greenhouses, Victoria Ave., between 110 St. and 111 St., Edmonton AB, [ca. 1914].
This fonds consists of one letter from H(?) Garneau, Agent of Dominion Lands, Edmonton AB to Alfred Hutchings, Edmonton AB, enclosing Certificate of Recommendation for Homestead Patent for NE-4-54-24-W4, (NE 1/4 of Section 4, Township 54 Range 24 W of the 4th), with information about pre-emption for NW-4-54-24-W4, dated at Edmonton, 17th December 1886.