This subseries consists of the original ledgers used to record information regarding Civic Elections and Census Enumeration throughout the City of Edmonton's polling districts. Each ledger corresponds to one polling district within the City and were carried by City staff to each address in the district to record information regarding the occupants. The ledgers have been separated from the published copies in order to address concerns regarding their preservation.
The Edmonton Golf Club opened in 1907 with five holes. The City purchased the land (then known as the Golf Links) in 1912 from the Hudson's Bay Company, and began operating the course as a municipal enterprise - the first municipal golf course in Canada. The Golf Links was renamed Victoria Park and dedicated to public use in 1914. The course expanded in the 1920s from 9 holes to 18, and by 1951 the course offered 27 holes, though by 1954 it had reverted to 18 holes when the City needed some of the land for the Groat Bridge. In 1957 the name was officially changed to the Victoria Golf Course. The Victoria Driving Range opened in 1961.
In 1949 work began on a new municipal golf course. Riverside Golf Course opened in 1951 on the south bank of the North Saskatchewan River just north of the Dawson Bridge. Rundle Park Golf Course became the City’s third course when it opened in 1976.
The subseries consists of correspondence and financial records relating to golf courses operated by the City of Edmonton. The subseries contains the following files:
File 1: Golf Courses - Correspondence (February - December 1962)
File 2: Golf: Master Plan - Correspondence (June 1968 - January 1969)
File 3: Victoria Golf Course Statistical Revenue Ledger (1952-1967)
File 4: Victoria Golf Course Statistical Revenue Ledger (1968-1978)
File 5: Victoria Driving Range Cash Book (1961-1970)
File 6: Victoria Driving Range Cash Book (1970-1972)