Affichage de 4357 résultats

Description archivistique
City of Edmonton. Parks and Recreation Department fonds
Options de recherche avancée
Aperçu avant impression Affichage :

4350 résultats avec objets numériques Afficher les résultats avec des objets numériques

Concordia College

7128 Ada Boulevard.
On this site in 1926 Concordia College officially opened its first building. Founded five years earlier by Pastor E. Eberhardt, the College has since provided Alberta with exemplary standards in religious and other studies. In 1975 the achievements of the College were acknowledged by its affiliation with the University of Alberta.

Concordia College - Detail

7128 Ada Boulevard.
On this site in 1926 Concordia College officially opened its first building. Founded five years earlier by Pastor E. Eberhardt, the College has since provided Alberta with exemplary standards in religious and other studies. In 1975 the achievements of the College were acknowledged by its affiliation with the University of Alberta.

Connaught Armoury

10310 - 85 Avenue.
The Connaught Armoury was built in what was then the City of Strathcona in 1911-12. It was named for the Duke of Connaught, a son of Queen Victoria and Canada's Governor-General from 1911 to 1916.
It boasted a large assembly or drill hall on the main floor, along with storerooms for arms, saddles and uniforms. It also incorporated offices and a caretaker's apartment, and in the basement there was a rifle range and bowling alley for recreation.
The armoury quickly emerged as the headquarters for one of Alberta's most famous regiments, the 19th Alberta Dragoons. This cavalry, and later armored, regiment served with distinction at many of the largest First World War battles and in the Second World War. After the Second World War, it became the 19th Alberta Armoured Car Regiment before the regiment was effectively disbanded in 1964.
Shortly thereafter, Connaught Armoury closed. It was threatened with demolition in the early 1970s by a proposed freeway from Calgary Trail to downtown before being sold in 1978 and used for a succession of restaurants and nightclubs.
In addition to its association with the 19th Alberta Dragoons, the armoury is an excellent and early example of this type of military building in Alberta. Smaller than Mewata or Prince of Wales Armouries, it nevertheless presents a formidable, fortress-like appearance with its stylized crenellations on the roof line, heavy brick and masonry walls, and formal entry porch.

Connaught Armoury - SE

10310 - 85 Avenue.
The Connaught Armoury was built in what was then the City of Strathcona in 1911-12.
It boasted a large assembly or drill hall on the main floor, along with storerooms for arms, saddles and uniforms. It also incorporated offices and a caretaker's apartment, and in the basement there was a rifle range and bowling alley for recreation.
The armoury quickly emerged as the headquarters for one of Alberta's most famous regiments, the 19th Alberta Dragoons. This cavalry, and later armored, regiment served with distinction at many of the largest First World War battles and in the Second World War. After the Second World War, it became the 19th Alberta Armoured Car Regiment before the regiment was effectively disbanded in 1964.
In addition to its association with the 19th Alberta Dragoons, the armoury is an excellent and early example of this type of military building in Alberta. Smaller than Mewata or Prince of Wales Armouries, it nevertheless presents a formidable, fortress-like appearance with its stylized crenellations on the roof line, heavy brick and masonry walls, and formal entry porch.

Connaught Armoury - NW

10310 - 85 Avenue.
The Connaught Armoury was built in what was then the City of Strathcona in 1911-12. It was named for the Duke of Connaught, a son of Queen Victoria and Canada's Governor-General from 1911 to 1916.
It boasted a large assembly or drill hall on the main floor, along with storerooms for arms, saddles and uniforms. It also incorporated offices and a caretaker's apartment, and in the basement there was a rifle range and bowling alley for recreation.
The armoury quickly emerged as the headquarters for one of Alberta's most famous regiments, the 19th Alberta Dragoons. This cavalry, and later armored, regiment served with distinction at many of the largest First World War battles and in the Second World War. After the Second World War, it became the 19th Alberta Armoured Car Regiment before the regiment was effectively disbanded in 1964.
Shortly thereafter, Connaught Armoury closed. It was threatened with demolition in the early 1970s by a proposed freeway from Calgary Trail to downtown before being sold in 1978 and used for a succession of restaurants and nightclubs.
In addition to its association with the 19th Alberta Dragoons, the armoury is an excellent and early example of this type of military building in Alberta. Smaller than Mewata or Prince of Wales Armouries, it nevertheless presents a formidable, fortress-like appearance with its stylized crenellations on the roof line, heavy brick and masonry walls, and formal entry porch.

Connaught Armoury

10310 - 85 Avenue.
The Connaught Armoury was built in what was then the City of Strathcona in 1911-12. It was named for the Duke of Connaught, a son of Queen Victoria and Canada's Governor-General from 1911 to 1916.
It boasted a large assembly or drill hall on the main floor, along with storerooms for arms, saddles and uniforms. It also incorporated offices and a caretaker's apartment, and in the basement there was a rifle range and bowling alley for recreation.
The armoury quickly emerged as the headquarters for one of Alberta's most famous regiments, the 19th Alberta Dragoons. This cavalry, and later armored, regiment served with distinction at many of the largest First World War battles and in the Second World War. After the Second World War, it became the 19th Alberta Armoured Car Regiment before the regiment was effectively disbanded in 1964.
Shortly thereafter, Connaught Armoury closed. It was threatened with demolition in the early 1970s by a proposed freeway from Calgary Trail to downtown before being sold in 1978 and used for a succession of restaurants and nightclubs.
In addition to its association with the 19th Alberta Dragoons, the armoury is an excellent and early example of this type of military building in Alberta. Smaller than Mewata or Prince of Wales Armouries, it nevertheless presents a formidable, fortress-like appearance with its stylized crenellations on the roof line, heavy brick and masonry walls, and formal entry porch.

Résultats 21 à 30 sur 4357