The fonds consists of momentoes relating to events held during the coronation of King George V and Queen Mary in 1911. These include invitations, programmes, passes and cards, and most are inscribed with J.M. Douglas’s name. The photographs include personal photos of J.M. Douglas, including a photo of his father in front of the J.M. Douglas house in Strathcona.
The fonds consists of accounting records from Fort Edmonton (1879-1884) and a daily journal from Fort Victoria, now Pakan (1890-1893). There are also records relating to a model-building contest of Fort Edmonton and copies of plans for Fort Edmonton (1970). Photographs include the official opening of Fort Edmonton Park (1967), the winning Fort Edmonton model and builder (1970), York boats and Red River carts.
The fonds consists of textual records and photographs created or collected by Hubert A. Hollingworth. The textual records include photography booklets and catalogues, various souvenir programs, a post card album, high school newsletters, published works, maps, and newspaper clippings relating to Edmonton's history, and a memorial of Frank Hollingworth and his work with early radio.
The photograph records are divided into two series: Series 1 – Hollingworth Photographs. Series 2 – Glass Slide Photographs.
This fonds consists of the slide presentation “An Edmonton Story” created by members of the Gateway Camera Club. In this project the club members were attempting to tell the story of Edmonton’s history and growth through photography. The textual records include instructions, presentation outline, slide index with names of providers, script (2 copies), tray lists of the slide presentation. There is also a recorded narration (audiotape) to accompany the slides. File List: File 1. An Edmonton Story – notes, general outline, slide tray indexes, slide index (listing photographers). File 2. An Edmonton Story – script (2 copies) (for slides and narration on audio reel, see ET-11 and EAV-3).
This fonds consists of an information brochure on the Council, annual report (1974), list of presidents (1962-1976) and an operational summary as of July 1975 including a history and list of accomplishments to that date.
The fonds consists of programmes, orders of service and booklets relating to the dairy industry, royalty, the Boer War and the First World War and women’s organizations. It also includes photographs of a land scrip certificate, members of the Lauder family, dairy groups and facilities, an Edmonton firehall and an Old Timers’ luncheon group.
The fonds consists of records of the Edmonton Zoological Society including correspondence, financial statements, and minutes of meetings. File List: File 1. Correspondence – general. Includes list of officers and directors. 1960-1973 File 2. Correspondence – Edmonton Zoo Advisory Board. Includes news clippings. 1966-1969 File 3. Financial statements. 1961-1967 File 4. Financial records. 1962-1970 File 5. Cheque stubs, deposit slips. 1961-1966
The fonds consists of a collection of historical sketches on the Riverdale area created by Amos Skinner. It includes lists of street names in Riverdale and of Principals at Riverdale School. The records include references to Mr. D.B. Fraser, Fraser’s Mill and Mr. J.B. Little. The community of Riverdale is located along the North Saskatchewan River. Settlers arriving in the 1880s were quick to develop this large flat area, which was just one mile downstream from Fort Edmonton. One of the first arrivals was Daniel Robert Fraser, who started a flour and sawmill in the flats in 1881. The area became known as Fraser Flats until the community changed the name to Riverdale in 1910.