Print preview Close

Showing 35 results

Archivistische beschrijving
Collectie
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

6 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Mrs. P. Lawrence collection

  • CA EDM MS-1162
  • Collectie
  • 1915

The collection consists of 3 photographs of buildings in Edmonton – The Swift Canadian Co. Plant, Government House and the First Presbyterian Church.

Lawrence, Mrs. P.

Eamon A. Rago collection

  • CA EDM MS-1172
  • Collectie
  • [ca. 1969]-1983

The collection consists predominantly of photographs of Edmonton buses and trolley buses with one postcard photograph of the Lingnan Restaurant in Edmonton.

Rago, Eamon A.

Jean Schneider collection

  • CA EDM MS-1195
  • Collectie
  • 1916 - [ca. 1929], 1982

The collection consists of a photograph album and one newspaper clipping originally tucked into the album.

The album consists of photographs predominantly of northern Alberta and into the Northwest Territories, though some are of Cooking Lake and Edmonton Beach, Alberta.
*

Newspaper clipping - Freddy L. Fraser (MS-1195, f. 1)
The newspaper clipping is an obituary for Frederick Lawrence (Freddy) Fraser, grandson of Colin Fraser (Jr.), and great grandson of Colin Fraser (Sr.).

Colin Fraser (Sr.) came to Canada originally as a piper for Sir George Simpson, Governor-in-Chief of the Hudson's Bay Company (HBC), for Simpson's 1828 trek across Canada and Rupert's Land reviewing each of the HBC forts. The following year he was assigned to HBC York Factory and over the next 25 years worked at various HBC forts becoming an accomplished fur trader. Colin Fraser (Sr.) married Nancy Beaudry and they had 12 children - Betsy, Isabella, Marguerite, Ann, John, Annabella, Flora, Simon, Colin, J. Henry, Adelaide and Caroline.

Colin Fraser (Jr.), son of Nancy Beaudry and Colin Fraser (Sr.), was also an accomplished fur trader, eventually settling in Fort Chipewyan where he had a store and post office. Colin Fraser (Jr.) married Flora Rowland and they had six children - James, Maria, Lovisa, Colin W. (Roderick), Frederick and Mary Jane.

Freddy Fraser, was born 11 Feb 1911 in Fort Chipewyan, to Eliza Jane Loutit and Colin W. (Roderick) Fraser. Freddy left school at a young age to work with his grandfather (Colin Fraser Jr.) hauling furs and freight in northern Alberta. He later hauled mail and freight by dog teams to Yellowknife from mines in the Canadian north. In World War II, Freddy enlisted in the Seaforth Regiment, CEF, and saw action in Italy and the Mediterranean. After the war, Freddy Fraser joined the Wood Buffalo National Park Service, eventually as warden from 1947 to 1952. Freddy retired in 1971, eventually moving to Edmonton. Frederick L. Fraser died 17 Apr 1982 in Edmonton.
*

Photo Album (EB-31)
There is very little information about the photo album and only a few of the photographs are annotated. However, those annotations include Jim Fraser, and Royal Nothwest Mounted (RNWMP) Police officers - Inspector Joy, Inspector Phillips, Corporal Doak, and Corporal Clay.

A group of photographs in the album are of Sinnisiak and Uloqsaq (Uluksak, Uluksuk) at Fort Resolution, most likely after their trial in Edmonton and Calgary in 1917 for the murder of two priests. The photographs include Sinnisiak, Uloqsaq as well as witness Koeha, interpreter Ilavinirk (Iiavinik, Ilavinik), interpreter Patsy Klengenberg, Crown counsel Charles C. McCaul, defense counsel James Wallbridge, Inspector Joy and an unidentified RNWMP officer.

There are also photographs of a RNWMP North Patrol with a dog team en route to Herschel Island, possibly after being at Fort Resolution visiting Sinnisiak and Uloqsaq. These photographs include Inspector Joy, Inspector Phillips, Constable Doak, Constable Clay, Mrs. Clay, Mrs. King, Mrs. Anderson, and 'self' (who may be the original creator/owner of the album).

Some of the other photographs in the album (not annotated) are of unknown people, but likely family members, possibly of the Colin Fraser (Jr.) family. These may include Colin Fraser (Jr.) and his trading post at Fort Chipewyan, his son Jim Fraser, and Jim's dog sled team, as well as possibly Colin's daughter, Mary Jane Fraser.

Mary Jane Fraser married Arthur H.L. Mellor, a RNWMP officer, who was often on northern patrols early in his career.

There is one gentleman common to many of the photographs however his identity is not known. For description purposes and to show the connection between the photographs, he has been described as Mr. X.

It is not known for certain who the album belonged to, however, given the newspaper clipping and the photographs are of activities in the far north (Alberta, NWT and Yukon) including RNWMP, it is possible the album belonged to a Fraser family member, perhaps Mary Jane Fraser Mellor, or Jim Fraser.

Schneider, Jean

FIC - Found In Clippings Collection

  • CA EDM RG-0
  • Collectie
  • 1908-[ca. 1972], predominant 1942-1953

The collection consists of original material removed from the City of Edmonton Archives Clippings collection.

FIC - Found in clippings collection

Frank R. Crevier Collection

  • CA EDM MS-1181
  • Collectie
  • [194-]

The collection consists of images taken by Frank Crevier as he passed through Edmonton on his ‘lifetime journey’. The photographs include buildings, street and river valley scenes including bridges.

Crevier, Frank R.

Lily Dalton collection

  • CA EDM MS-63
  • Collectie
  • 1910 - 1912

This collection consists of two photographs from Sidney, Eliza, and Lily’s early life in Edmonton. One photograph is of the D.P. Muir Harness Shop, where the family lived while in Strathcona. The other photograph is of a work crew at the Alberta Legislature Building, where Stanley worked – it is likely Sidney France is in the photograph.

The collection also includes a tax notice and redemption receipt relating to tax arrears owed by Bruce Armstrong on Lot 31 Blk 5 SW21, City of Strathcona. It is not known how or why these are with the family photos.

File List:
File 1: 1911 Tax notice and redemption receipt

Dalton, Lily

The Toronto Mail collection

  • CA EDM MS-68
  • Collectie
  • 1977

This fonds consists of a photostatic copy of two pages of The Toronto Mail, October 1, 1892, containing an article, "In The North-West: The Town and District of Edmonton, Alberta".

The article includes brief biographies and photographs of:
Antonio Prince MLA,
John D. Harrison,
M.G. Connor,
C. Gallagher,
Edward A. Braithwaite,
James Ross,
Paul Royal,
P.E. Daly,
William Wilson,
N.D. Beck,
A.H. Goodwin,
S.S. Taylor,
Hermon McInnes,
John Cameron,
George Thomson,
Colix F. Strang,
D.R. Fraser,
James McDonald,
Matthew McCauley.

As well as Edmonton businesses:
P. Heiminck and Co.,
Larue and Picard general merchants,
Jasper House,
Gallagher's Meat Store,
George Thomson's Drug Store,
Queen's Hotel.

The Toronto Mail

City of Edmonton Archives Collection

  • CA EDM RG-200
  • Collectie
  • [ca.1880] -

This collection consists of records collected by the City of Edmonton Archives which were intended to be used as reference material for researchers.

The collection consists of 6 series:

  • Series 1: Clippings Files
  • Series 2: Newspapers on Microfilm
  • Series 3: Edmonton Directories
  • Series 4: Aerial Photographs
  • Series 5: Reference Collections
  • Series 6: Fire Insurance Plans
  • Series 7: Oral History Interviews
  • Series 8: Map Collection

The City of Edmonton Archives

Isabel Perrin collection

  • CA EDM MS-105
  • Collectie
  • 1899, 1927

The collection consists of a brochure (2 copies) for the "Patriotic Day Service" for Edmonton schools, held Thursday June 30, 1927 to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee of the Confederation of Canada.
The collection also includes a set of books – ‘The Principles and Practice of Modern House-Construction (1899) Including Water-Supply and Fittings-Sanitary Fittings and Plumbing-Drainage and Sewage-Disposal-Warming Ventilation-Lighting-Sanitary Aspects of Furniture and Decoration-Climate and Situation Stables-Sanitary Law’ (6 volumes – 690 SUT).

Perrin, Isabel

David Mellec collection

  • CA EDM MS-108
  • Collectie
  • [ca. 1910]

The collection consists of two tickets from Edmonton’s first movie theatre, the Bijou Theatre (John Hazza – Manager).
The Bijou Theatre, located at 10134 – 101 Street, opened around 1910. It was remodeled in 1938 with plans designed by the architectural firm Rule, Wynn, Rule and reopened at the Rialto Theatre. The Bijou theatre closed around 1987.

Mellec, David

Resultaten 11 tot 20 van 35