The collection consists of newspapers and a booklet focusing on Edmonton and Athabasca Landing. There are also photographs of the Edmonton Meat Market, Chave & Co. in St. Albert and Athabasca Landing. Item List:
newspaper reproduction of The Edmonton Bulletin, Vol. 1., No. 15, March 14, 1881
The collection consists of a copy of the Edmonton Bulletin, No. 1, November 2, 1889 and 1970 newspaper clipping from the Sarnia Observer noting the Edmonton Bulletin, first issued December 6, 1880, as the first newspaper in Alberta.
The photographs include images of Indigenous peoples and one image of the Daily (Edmonton) Bulletin building.
The collection consists of items from, or advertising, the Alberta Hotel. File List: File 1 - Alberta Hotel advertisement on ribbon featuring a list of hotel rules and schedules as well as advertisements for Edmonton businesses [ca. 1910]. File 2 - Alberta Hotel envelope, addressed to ‘Alec Cote, City’.
The collection consists of records accumulated by Alfred Bramley-Moore including a Northern Alberta Land Registration District Duplicate Certificate of Title belonging to Jonathan Hoffman, 1898, the Canadian Expeditionary Force, Divisional Cavalry - 19th Alberta Dragoons Roll of Officers, 1915 and an obituary of John J. Thompson, 1959.
The fonds consists of a copy of the speech given by J.W. Neilson on Dr. Arthur Benjamin Mason at the presentation of Honorary Life Membership to Dr. Mason to the Edmonton & District Dental Society on 2 Oct 1951. The Edmonton & District Dental Society is a professional organization for dental professionals in the Edmonton region which focuses on providing professional education, networking opportunities and promoting dentistry as a profession. Arthur Benjamin Mason was a highly respected dentist and considered to be one of the earliest dentists in the Edmonton area.
The collection consists of records created or collected by various departments of the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology. The textual records include reports prepared by students enrolled in the Architecture Department in conjunction with the English Department and created in 1969. Each report contains technical and historical information on a different building of architectural significance in Edmonton. There are 28 reports in total and include commercial, educational, religious, public and industrial buildings. The photographs include the Edmonton Monarchs hockey teams [ca. 1960 and 1970].
The collection consists of records transferred from the Greater Vernon Museum and Archives, as better fitting the mandate of the City of Edmonton Archives.
Sheet music - The Boys of the Great Western Plains, words and music by Pte. W. Watson, 138th Batt., CEF, Edmonton; dedicated to the 49th Canadian CEF Edmonton Alberta Batt'n (Loyal Edmonton Regiment), [ca. 1918].
Postcard - (of Field, BC and Mt. Stephen), addressed to Mrs. Mohr; Souvenir Programme - Souvenir to Commemorate the Fortieth Year of the Ministry of Rev. D.G. McQueen, 1927 - annotated with Mrs. Mohr, Vernon.
Souvenir Programme - The Visit of Their Most Gracious Majesties King George VI and Queen Elizabeth to the Province of Alberta, Edmonton, 1939.