The fonds consists of brochures and pamphlets on the history and promotion of the Alberta All Girls Drum and Bugle Band, photocopies of newspaper clippings and correspondence of trips to Paris (1973) and Germany (World Cup Championship 1974), and the Edmonton Journal “The Canadian Magazine” (Feb 1975) with a feature article on the band.
This fonds consists of materials which were collected and created by the City's Commissioners through their function of overseeing all aspects of City administration. The fonds includes correspondence with City staff, provincial and federal representatives, other municipalities, corporations, community groups and the general public. It also contains reports and financial records relating to various departments, memoranda, committee minutes, newspaper clippings, pamphlets, photos, maps, and architectural drawings.
An order has been imposed on the material. The arrangement includes 11 series and multiple subseries. The series are as follows:
The collection consists of a brochure (2 copies) for the "Patriotic Day Service" for Edmonton schools, held Thursday June 30, 1927 to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee of the Confederation of Canada. The collection also includes a set of books – ‘The Principles and Practice of Modern House-Construction (1899) Including Water-Supply and Fittings-Sanitary Fittings and Plumbing-Drainage and Sewage-Disposal-Warming Ventilation-Lighting-Sanitary Aspects of Furniture and Decoration-Climate and Situation Stables-Sanitary Law’ (6 volumes – 690 SUT).
The fonds consists of materials created or collected by Hazel McCuaig. It includes correspondence, a scrapbook collection containing news clippings on members of the Northern Alberta Pioneers' and Old Timers' Association and other prominent people and places in Alberta's history, brochures and programs relating to historical groups and cultural events in Edmonton and Strathcona. The photographs include the Rutherford home, Edmonton and district buildings, events, family members and friends as well as a military panorama (EA-82, EA-10-353, EA-10-2251). There are also maps and books on Edmonton and one watercolour drawing of McKay Avenue School (EAA-92-1).
The collection consists of two tickets from Edmonton’s first movie theatre, the Bijou Theatre (John Hazza – Manager). The Bijou Theatre, located at 10134 – 101 Street, opened around 1910. It was remodeled in 1938 with plans designed by the architectural firm Rule, Wynn, Rule and reopened at the Rialto Theatre. The Bijou theatre closed around 1987.
This fonds consists of news clippings and a memorial card relating to the deaths of members of the extended family of George W. Davies. Also includes photographs of George W. and Sophia (Armitage) Davies and of Jacob and Rosie Wuetherick, parents of Emma (Wuetherick) Davies.
The records include references to Edward A. Davies, Eunice (Jenkins) Davies, George W. Davies, Sophia (Armitage) Davies, Katherine Pearl (Davies) Graham, William Andrew Graham, Annie (Davies) White, W.H. ‘Nobby’ White and Jacob and Rosie Wuetherick.
The fonds consists of a hand written history of the Egge family, including moving from Edmonton to Halfway Lake on the Athabasca Trail, possibly partly written by Les Egge (the text is in two handwritings). Photographs include the Egge stopping house and other stopping houses on Athabasca Landing Trail, Egge farm, members of Egge extended family, freighters and other travellers, other individuals associated with the Athabasca Landing Trail district. The records include references to Edith Benner, Clara Egge, Jessie Egge, Jack Flyn, Percy Hardisty, Albert Kennedy, Karl Kirstin, Jack Lord, Bill Reynolds, Mr. Strutton, Jack Sulley and Ed Williams.
The fonds consists of a photocopy of land grant to Kenneth McDonald for 160 acres of River Lot 20, Edmonton Settlement, Jan.21, 1886, Homestead No. 34509 and one envelope addressed from Henareth McDonald to Miss Duncan McLelland. The photographs include Emma (Rowland) McDonald and two children, William McDonald and family, and a photograph postcard of a Blackfoot man with a pony and teepee.